The next morning, the captain came downstairs.
第二天早上,老船長下樓來。
He didn't eat much food but he drank more rum than usual.
他沒吃多少東西,但比平時喝了更多的朗姆酒。
He helped himself and we were too busy to stop him.
他自斟自飲,我們也無暇阻止他。
There were visits from neighbours, and my father's burial to arrange.
很多鄰居和朋友過來探望,我父親的葬禮也需要安排。
The day after the burial was cold and foggy.
我父親葬禮的第二天,天很冷,霧很濃。
At about three oclock in the afternoon,
大約下午三點鐘時,
I was standing at the door of the inn when I saw a blind man coming along the road.
我正站在客店門口,剛好看見一個瞎子沿著大路走來,
He was feeling his way with a stick.
他用一根棍子在前面探路。
Will any kind friend tell a poor blind man where he is?he said.
哪位好心的人能告訴我這兒是什么地方?他問。
You're at the Admiral Benbow inn, Black Hill Cove, my good man,I said.
我的朋友,你在布萊克希爾灣的本葆將軍客店,我說。