Sit where you are, Bill, said the blind man.
比爾,呆在那兒別動,瞎子說。
I can't see, but I can hear a finger move.
我看不見,但我知道你的手在動,
Hold out your right hand.
伸出你的右手。
I watched him put something in the captain's hand.
我看見瞎子把一樣東西放在老船長手里。
And now that's done, said the blind man, and he quickly went out of the inn.
現在事情了結了,瞎子說,然后迅速走出客店。
I heard his stick tap-tap-tapping away along the road.
大路上留下了木棍探路的嗒嗒聲。
The captain opened his hand and looked into it.
老船長收回手,仔細看自己手心。
Ten oclock!he cried ,and jumped up.
10點鐘!他喊道,然后跳起來。
He put his hand round his neck, made a strange sound, and fell face down on to the floor.
他一只手卡住自己的脖子,怪叫一聲,撲倒在地。
I ran to him, calling to my mother .But the captain was dead.
我一邊跑過去,一邊喊我的母親。但老船長已經死了。

關于《金銀島》
心懷不軌的海盜們喬裝成一般的水手,當中還包括陰森詭譎的獨腳水手西爾弗。大夥兒假裝跟著吉姆和利弗希醫生一起去尋寶,航海的過程中,充滿了千辛萬苦和千奇百怪的事。