Yum.
好吃
Oh, my. - Here it is. Of course. - What...
- 哦,在這里 - 什么?
- Who’s that? - I don’t know.
- 是誰? - 我不知道
Special delivery for Mrs. Julia Child.
給Julia Child女士的特快專遞
Chilly!
真冷??!
There you are.
來,給
Dear Mrs. Child,
親愛的Child女士
we have read your superb French cookbook,
我們已經閱讀了您杰出的法式烹飪書
studying it, cooking from it, estimating, and so on.
經過仔細研究,評估和實踐之后
And we have come to the conclusion that it is a unique book
我們一致認為 這是一本獨一無二的好書
that we would be very proud to publish.
如能由我們出版 將不勝榮幸
Paul! Paul!
Paul!Paul!
What? What, what, what, what?
怎么了怎么了?
Knopf... Knopf… Knopf wants to publish our book.
Knopf出版社要出版我的書了
Is it "K-nopf" or "Nopf"?
是K- nopf?還是Nopf?
- Who cares? - Who cares?
- 誰管這個 - 就是,誰管這個
They want to offer us an advance of $1,500.
他們要給我1500美元的預付款
Oh, my God.
哦,天吶
"We believe that your book will do for French cooking in America
我們相信你的書會像是 Rombauer的“烹飪的樂趣”一樣
"what Rombauer’s the Joy of Cooking did for standard cooking.
會給整個美國的法式烹飪確立標準
"And we will sell it that way."
這就是我們的銷售思路