節目寄語
每日床頭啃一段語篇,您的生活質量更加高。
特別聲明
該文章中的講解為可可簽約編輯根據改編的名著所編寫的參考資料。
啃嚼語段
Some time later, the officer touched his shoulder and told him that the court was ready.
過了一會兒,警官拍了拍他的肩膀說,法庭已經準備就序。
A magistrate was a judge who dealt with small crimes in local courts, and the magistrate for this district was well known.
擔任審判官的是一位治安推事,治安推事主要是在地方法庭處理一些小的犯罪案。這位推事在他所管轄的區域里是很有名氣的。
His name was Mr Fang and he was a disagreeable, bad-tempered man.
他的名字叫范先生。他是個脾氣很壞、難以相處的人。
Today he was in a particularly bad mood. He frowned angrily at the old gentleman,and asked sharply,
特別是今天,他的心情極為不佳,他緊皺著眉頭,生氣地朝老頭厲聲問道:
"Who are you? "
“你是什么人?”
"My name,sir,is Brown low . "
“先生,我的名字叫布朗洛。”
"Officer! What is this man charged with? "
“警官!這人被控什么罪名?”
"He"s not charged,sir,"answered the officer. "He"s accusing the boy. "
“推事,他沒有被控什么,”警官回答說,“他是這孩子的指控人。”
The magistrate looked at Mr Brown low from head to foot. "And what have you got to say? "
推事將布朗洛從頭到腳地打量了一番,說:“你有什么要說的嗎?”
Mr Brown low began to explain. "I was standing outside a book shop—
"布朗洛先生開始解釋,“我正站在一家書店的外面——”
"Be quiet,sir! "shouted Mr Fang. "Policeman! Now-you arrested the boy. What happened? "
“安靜,先生!”范先生大聲地說,“警察!剛才——是你逮捕了這孩子,因為什么事?”
The policeman told the magistrate what he had heard, and how he had searched Oliver afterwards and found nothing.
警察向推事報告了他所聽到的事情,以及經過搜身什么也沒發現的情況。