Walk around the moon and look back at the world. You know?
在月球上行走 回望地球
A view that nobody else has ever seen.
從沒有人看過這樣的景色
We believed they could do anything.
我們深信 他們無所不能
We believed NASA's technology was perfect.
深信國家航空航天局的技術盡善盡美
It was the genius of the best of American science and engineering. And it was.
那是美國最頂尖的科學家與工程師共同努力的結晶,事實的確如此
You have to remember what we had come through leading up to that summer night in 1969.
要知道 我們經歷了怎樣的過去,在1969年夏的登月計劃實施之前
we lost a President to assassination.
我們的總統被暗殺
We lost his brother to assassination.
然后他的弟弟也被暗殺
But for a few minutes one summer night,
但在那個夏夜 有那么幾分鐘
we all stood and stared up at the heavens.
所有人都站在那里 仰望蒼穹
That became the first of nine spaceships that went to the moon and 24 Americans reached the moon.
那是第一艘飛向月球的飛船,之后還有八艘,24個美國人到達了月球
And we landed six out of seven times.
七次中有六次登月成功
And I think for the country as a whole
我覺得對于整個美國而言
it remains something of a metaphor. You know,
這件事后來變得頗具喻義
you always have to say we did the Appollo Project to solve this problem that problem.
就好比我們經常說 我們實施了阿波羅計劃從而解決了這樣那樣的問題
The lunar landing unites America.
登月讓美國人更加團結
It is the nation's greatest scientific achievement.
這是美國最偉大的科學成就
Technology is powering forward.
科技迅猛發展
But America is held back.
然而美國的發展遭遇了阻礙
There's a fault line that changed the nation:Race.
改變美國的是存在于這片土地上的一個"斷層線":種族問題