小編絮語
每日床頭啃一段語篇,您的生活質量更加高。
啃嚼語段
"Well, you're very sad, Tess, and you have no reason to be.
“嗨,苔絲,你很傷心。你這樣是沒有理由的。
You're still the prettiest girl for miles around.
你仍是方圓數里內最漂亮的姑娘。
Will you come back with me? Say you will!"
你愿意回到我身邊嗎?說你愿意!”
"Never,never!I've made up my mind, and I won't come."
“不,不愿!我已經下定決心了,永遠不會回去的。”
"Then goodbye!" and Alec jumped up into his carriage and drove off.
“那么,再見!”亞歷克跳上馬車,駕車走了。
Tess did not watch him go, but continued her walk alone.
苔絲沒有看著他離開,只管一個人繼續走著。
It was still early in the day and the sun was not yet giving any warmth.
現在還很早,太陽射出的光芒尚未有一絲暖意。
Tess felt even sadder than the autumn sadness which surrounded her.
悲涼的秋意籠罩著她,而她覺得自己的內心更加哀傷。
But soon a man came up behind her,a man with a pot of red paint in his hand.
但很快有個人從她后面趕了上來,手里提著一罐紅色的顏料。
"Good morning,"he said, and offered to carry her basket.
“早上好!”他說,并提出幫她提籃子。
"You're up early on a Sunday,"he continued.
“你在星期天起得可夠早的?!彼^續說道。
"Yes,"said Tess.
“是啊,”苔絲說。
"A day of rest for most people, although I do more real work today than in the rest of the week put together."
“這是大多數人休息的日子。但我在這一天做的真正工作,比一星期的其余六天加在一塊兒還多。”
“是嗎?”
"In the week I work for man,but on Sunday I work for God.
“別的日子我為人們工作,但星期天我為上帝工作。
That's better work,don't you think?
這是一種更好的工作,你不覺得嗎?
Wait a moment,I have something to do here."
等一下,在這兒我有點兒事要做?!?/p>
He stopped at a gate, and in large red letters on the middle bar of the gate he painted some words from the Bible:
他在一個大門前停了下來,并用很大的紅字在門中間的欄桿上刷上《圣經》中的幾個字:
PUNISHMENT AWAITS YOU