Madam Pomfrey wasn't at all pleased.
龐弗雷夫人很不高興。
You should have come straight to me! she raged, holding up the sad, limp remainder of what, half an hour before, had been a working arm.
你應該直接來找我!她氣呼呼地說,托起那個可憐巴巴、毫無生氣的玩藝兒,就在半小時前,它還是一條活動自如的胳膊。
I can mend bones in a second—but growing them back —
我一秒鐘就能把骨頭接好——可是要讓它們重新長出來—
You will be able to, won't you? said Harry desperately.
你也會的,是嗎?哈利十分迫切地問。
I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful, said Madam Pomfrey grimly, throwing Harry a pair of pajamas.
我當然會,可是會很疼的。龐弗雷夫人板著臉說,扔給哈利一套睡衣,
You'll have to stay the night. . . .
你只好在這里過夜了……
Hermione waited outside the curtain drawn around Harry's bed while Ron helped him into his pajamas.
哈利病床周圍的簾子拉上了,羅恩幫他換上睡衣,赫敏在外面等著。
It took a while to stuff the rubbery, boneless arm into a sleeve.
他們費了不少工夫,才把那只橡皮般的、沒有骨頭的胳膊塞進了袖子。
How can you stick up for Lockhart now, Hermione, eh? Ron called through the curtain as he pulled Harry's limp fingers through the cuff.
你現在還怎么護著洛哈特,嗯,赫敏?羅恩一邊把哈利軟綿綿的手指一個個地從袖口里拉出來,一邊隔著簾子大聲說道,
If Harry had wanted deboning he would have asked.
如果哈利想要把骨頭拿掉,他自己會提出來的。
Anyone can make a mistake, said Hermione. And it doesn't hurt anymore, does it, Harry?
誰都會犯錯誤的嘛,赫敏說,而且現在胳膊不疼了。是吧,哈利?
No, said Harry, getting into bed. But it doesn't do anything else either.
不疼了,哈利說,可是它什么也做不成了。