They don’t really care about me.
他們并不真正的關心我
Paul. Of course they do. Paul,
他們當然關心你了
They don’t, really.
他們真的不
Well, if we can’t stay in Paris,
如果我們不能待在巴黎
then I’ll just mail the pages to Louisette and Simca
那我只能把做好的這些寄給Louisette和Simca了
and they can mail them back to me.
然后她們可以再回寄給我
That’s why they invented the mail system and carbon paper and onionskin copies,
這就是人們發明郵寄系統和復寫紙還有半透明紙的原因
or I can just jump on the train to Paris
或者我可以跳上去巴黎的火車
whenever the three of us absolutely have to work together, you know.
你也知道,不論何時,我們三個一定是要在一起工作的
Or the two of us, actually, because as we know, Louisette does next to nothing.
事實上,是我們兩個 因為Louisette什么也沒做
But we would still be somewhere in Europe.
但是我們還是在歐洲啊
Don’t you think?
你不這么認為嗎?
It’s very hard to say, given the current political climate.
這很難說,考慮到目前的政治形勢
Senator McCarthy does not like people like us.
麥卡錫不喜歡像我們這樣的人
Us? Why? What have we done?
我們?為什么?我們做了什么?
We haven’t done anything. That’s not the point.
我們什么都沒做,這不是問題的關鍵
The point is, we were in China. And that’s practically sufficient.
關鍵是,我們曾在中國呆過,這實際上就足夠了
Well, meanwhile, we’re still here.
可是,與此同時,我們還是在這里啊
- Yes, we are. You’re right. - Yes.
- 是的,我們是在這,你是對的 - 是啊
Here’s to the book.
為了這本書,干杯