It’s Judith Jones, the editor who’s responsible
她是Judith Jones
for getting Julia’s cookbook published way back when,
很久以前負責出版Julia烹飪書的編輯
the woman who recognized history in an onionskin manuscript.
她在半透明紙的手稿上鑒定了歷史
She’s older and probably not used to eating at 10:00 at night,
她年紀有些大了 而且很可能不習慣在夜里十點鐘吃東西了
which is why I’m being diligent about this and making the stew the night before.
這也是為什么我這樣盡心盡力的做這個, 還在前一天晚上就把肉燉好
And as I cook it,
當我做這道菜的時候
I almost feel as if Julia and I are communicating over space and time
我幾乎覺得好像Julia和我穿越了時空在交流著
on a deep, spiritual, mystical level.
在一個深刻的,精神上的,又十分神秘的層面
Although, mostly, I’m just talking to myself.
雖然大部分時間,我只是在自言自語
- How long does it take to cook? - Two and a half hours.
- 這個要做多久??? - 兩個半小時
Welcome.
歡迎收看
I’m Julia Child.
我是Julia Child
And today we’re going to make a holiday feast, or lesfes d’holiday.
今天我們要做一個節日盛宴
And we’re going to start with half-boned chicken or poularde demi-doss.
我們先從半剔骨的肉雞開始
Now, first, remove the liver and fry it up with some onions for a little snack
首先呢,把肝臟拿出來, 跟洋蔥一起煎一煎當做零食
or perhaps a delicious liverwurst which you can spread on a cracker,
或者是美味的肝泥香腸, 你可以把它鋪在薄脆餅干上
a Ritz cracker, a saltine.
樂之餅干,一種鹽薄脆餅干
Saltine.
鹽-薄-脆(Julia滑稽的語調)
Or if you have a pet, a cat or a dog, they love liver.
又或者你有寵物的話,像貓咪啊,狗狗啊, 他們喜歡吃肝的
Save the liver.
一定要把這肝留下來啊
- Save the liver. - Save the liver.
- 一定要把這肝留下來啊 - 一定要把這肝留下來啊