But they suggest that if we are continuing with it,
但是他們建議說,如果我們還要繼續下去的話
we should get a collaborator who could take what we have
我們得找一個合作者,我們會的她也會
and make it work for American cooks.
而且她還能讓這本書對美國人做飯有幫助
Would you do it, Julia?
你愿不愿意來做這個人,Julia?
Would I do it?
我愿不愿意做?
Yes.
當然啦
We are now going to play a round of "Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner."
我們現在要玩一輪“猜猜誰來吃晚餐”的游戲
This Wednesday, I am going to be playing host to a distinguished guest.
這周三,我要邀請一位非常著名的客人
Clue number one.
線索一
The degree of separation between Julia Child and me
我跟Julie Child之間的差距
is about to shrink by a factor of about a thousand.
有1000倍
In answer to your questions, no, it is not Amanda Hesser of The New York Times
為了回答你們的問題 不,不是紐約時報的Amanda Hesser的
A thousand.
1000倍
or Nigella Lawson, or Ina Garten.
也不是Nigella Lawson或Ina Garten的
But here’s clue number two,
但這就是線索二
I will be making boeuf bourguignon,
我要做紅酒燴牛肉
which was the first dish our distinguished guest cooked
這可是我們尊貴的客人做的第一道菜啊
upon reading Mastering the Art of French Cooking for the first time.
在第一時間閱讀了《法式烹飪藝術》之后
Boeuf bourguignon. Julia Child’s boeuf bourguignon.
紅酒燴牛肉 Julia Child的紅酒燴牛肉
Well, since no one guessed my mystery guest, I’m going to have to tell you all.
既然沒有人猜出來我的神秘客人是誰 那我就告訴你們吧