“D'you realize how much we're going to have to steal, Hermione?
“你知不知道我們到底要偷多少東西,赫敏?
Shredded skin of a boomslang, that's definitely not in the students' cupboard.
非洲樹蛇的蛇皮碎片,那是學生儲藏柜里絕對沒有的。
What're we going to do, break into Snape's private stores?
我們怎么辦,闖進斯內普的私人倉庫?
I don't know if this is a good idea.”
我不知道這是不是一個主意。”
Hermione shut the book with a snap.
赫敏啪的一聲把書合上。
“Well, if you two are going to chicken out, fine,” she said.
“好吧,如果你們害怕了,想臨陣脫逃,那也沒什么。”她說。
There were bright pink patches on her cheeks and her eyes were brighter than usual.
她的面頰上泛起兩團鮮艷的紅暈,眼睛比平日更加明亮。
“I don't want to break rules, you know.
“你們知道,我是不想違犯校規的。
I think threatening Muggle-borns is far worse than brewing up a difficult potion.
我認為,威脅麻瓜出身的人比調制一種復雜的藥劑惡劣得多。
But if you don't want to find out if it's Malfoy, I'll go straight to Madam Pince now and hand the book back in—”
不過,如果你們不想弄清楚那是不是馬爾福干的,我現在就去找平斯夫人,把書還給她…”
“I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be persuading us to break rules,” said Ron.
“我從來沒想到,有一天居然會看到你勸說我們違犯校規。”羅恩說,
“All right, we'll do it. But not toenails, okay?”
“好吧,說干就干。可是千萬不要腳趾甲,好嗎?”
“How long will it take to make, anyway?” said Harry as Hermione, looking happier, opened the book again.
“這藥水到底需要多長時間才能調制好?”哈利問。
“Well, since the fluxweed has got to be picked at the full moon and the lacewings have got to be stewed for twenty-one days.
這時赫敏情緒有所好轉,她又把書打開了。“是這樣,流液草要在滿月的那天采,草蛉蟲要熬二十天。