Percy Weasley had stopped dead at the head of the stairs, prefect badge agleam, an expression of complete shock on his face.
珀西韋斯萊在樓梯口停住腳步,級長的徽章在他胸前閃閃發亮,他的臉上掛著一種極度驚訝的表情。
That's a girls' bathroom! he gasped.
那是女生盥洗室呀!他喘著氣說,
What were you?
你們怎么
Just having a look around, Ron shrugged. Clues, you know
只是隨便看看,羅恩聳了聳肩,尋找線索,你知道……
Percy swelled in a manner that reminded Harry forcefully of Mrs. Weasley.
珀西端起了架子,那模樣一下子就使哈利想到了韋斯萊夫人。
Get away from there Percy said, striding toward them and starting to bustle them along, flapping his arms.
趕快離開他說著,朝他們走來,并且張開臂膀,催促他們快走。
Don't you care what this looks like? Coming back here while everyone's at dinner
這成什么樣子,你們不在乎嗎?別人都在吃飯,你們卻跑到這兒來…
Why shouldn't we be here? said Ron hotly, stopping short and glaring at Percy.
為什么我們不能來這兒?羅恩氣呼呼地說,猛地停下腳步,瞪著珀西,
Listen, we never laid a finger on that cat!
聽著,我們沒有對那只貓動一根手指!
That's what I told Ginny, said Percy fiercely,
我對金妮也是這么說的,珀西也毫不示弱,
but she still seems to think you're going to be expelled, I've never seen her so upset, crying her eyes out, you might think of her, all the first years are thoroughly overexcited by this business
但她似乎仍然認為你會被開除的。我從沒見過她這么難過,整天痛哭流涕。你應該為她想想,一年級學生都被這件事弄得心神不寧
You don't care about Ginny, said Ron, whose ears were now reddening.
你根本不關心金妮,羅恩說,他的耳朵正在變紅,
You're just worried I'm going to mess up your chances of being Head Boy
你只是擔心我會破壞你當男生學生會主席的前途。
Five points from Gryffindor! Percy said tersely, fingering his prefect badge.
格蘭芬多扣掉五分!珀西用手指撥弄著級長的徽章,生硬地說,
And I hope it teaches you a lesson! No more detective work, or I'll write to Mum!
我希望這能給你一個教訓!不要再搞什么偵探活動了,不然我寫信告訴媽媽!
And he strode off, the back of his neck as red as Ron's ears.
他邁著大步走開了,他脖子后面跟羅恩的耳朵一樣紅。