- Dad-- - So-- well, you did.
- 爸爸…… - 所以……我又沒說錯
- I didn't know that. - God. I stammered.
- 我還不知道呢 - 我只是口吃
Stammered, stutter, what's the difference?
口吃,結巴 有什么不同么?
Couldn't understand a damn thing he said.
不知道他嘰哩咕嚕說些什么
So, I got him to read me poetry out loud.
所以,我讓他每天大聲讀詩
It wasn't very pretty at first,
一開始效果不大
but then his stutter went away.
不過后來他就不結巴了
Well, it's a good idea, that poetry.
這個辦法不錯,讀詩
- Yeah, I thought so. - Huh?
- 是的,我也這么想 - 哈?
Unbelievable, unbelievable.
難以置信,難以置信
I'm a Tennyson man, myself, but he likes Whitman--
我個人比較喜歡丁尼生 不過他喜歡惠特曼……
For some reason, I don't know.
不知道是怎么回事
Say, how would you like some breakfast? Would you like some breakfast?
嗨,想來點早飯嗎? 來點早飯?
- Breakfast? - Yeah.
- 早飯? - 是的
- Dad, it's 10:00. - What's that got to do with it?
- 爸爸,現在是晚上十點 - 那有什么關系?
You can have pancakes any damn time of night you want.
薄餅啥時候吃都行
- Come on, you want some breakfast? - Sure.
- 來吧,你想吃點早飯嗎? - 當然
It was an improbable romance.
這個故事聽起來有些不大可能
He was a country boy. She was from the city.
他是一個鄉下男孩 而她來自城里
She had the world at her feet,
她養尊處優
while he didn't have two dimes to rub together.
而他口袋里連兩個銅板都沒有