Here’s the big news.
告訴大家一個大新聞
I had been cooking mushrooms the wrong way my entire life.
我這輩子都在用錯誤的方法煮蘑菇
Don’t crowd the mushrooms, otherwise they won’t brown.
千萬不要讓蘑菇擠到一起 否則它們顏色無法變深
Are you listening, whoever you are?
不管你是誰,你在聽嗎?
You’re gonna love that one.
你會喜歡它的
Day 22.
第22天
This one’s really good with fig jam.
這種蘸上無花果醬非常棒
I got carried away in Dean & DeLuca last night and spent half my take-home pay.
昨晚我從Dean & DeLuca 購物歸來,這讓我成了“半月光”
And the first thing I realized when I got to the subway
我大包小包地進了地鐵
with my groceries, a bag of cat litter,
有各種吃的,一袋貓砂
a bottle of olive oil I absolutely could not live without, and a huge bunch of branches
一瓶不可或缺的橄欖油 還有一大束樹枝
was that the branches were probably not a good idea.
這才使我意識到 買這些樹枝回來真是折騰
Sorry.
對不起
They were slapping folks in the face right and left and I was sweating like a pig.
它們時不時會刮到行人 我還揮汗如雨
Not surprising, since I’ve been way too busy cooking fattening food to bother exercising.
沒啥好驚訝的 我只知道做增肥的食物沒顧上鍛煉了
And then I came home and got a big vote of confidence from my mother.
而當我回到家 又得到了老媽的大力支持
Remind me again why you’re doing this...
再說一遍,你為啥做這個...
- Blog. - Whatever it’s called.
- 博客 - 管它是什么
It’s a regimen, Mom. Like doing sit-ups.
權當是養生吧,就像做仰臥起坐
- Well, it’s just adding pressure. - What pressure?
- 是么,但這徒增壓力 - 什么壓力?
You have a full-time job, you have a husband,
你有一份全職工作 你有一位丈夫
and now you’re gonna get sick from blogging.
而你現在居然迷上了什么博客