Because, you see, there is no French cookbook in English.
因為你知道的 這兒沒有英文版的法式料理書賣
And all I have is this Joy of Cooking by Irma Rombauer,
我對Irma Romdeeer的烹飪樂趣著了迷
which is an excellent, excellent cookbook, but it’s not French.
這真是本好書,非常棒的書,但不是法語的
So I did ask my friend Avis De Voto
所以我的確問了我的朋友Avis De Vito
to look around in the United States to see if she could find...
在美國幫我找找看,有沒有...
Right. Right.
好的,好的
Gosh, I thought I was speaking French to you!
天哪,我以為,我以為我是和你在講法語呢
Oh, my goodness!
哦,天哪
What do we have here?
這是什么呢?
- It’s a copy of... - It’s my memoirs.
- 是本... - 是我的回憶錄
Oh, look.
哦,看哪
Oh, it’s fantastic! But it’s in French!
噢,這太棒了,但這是法語的
- You’ll get there. You’ll get there. - Thank you, darling.
- 你會學會的,會學會的 - 謝謝你,親愛的
I know. I’m learning. I’m trying. I’m really...
我知道,我正學呢,在努力,我真的...
Happy birthday to me.
祝我生日快樂
Happy birthday.
生日快樂
- What can this mean? - What?
- 這是什么意思? - 什么?
- "Wash the thighs." - No, "bathe." Bathe the thighs.
- “洗洗雞腿” - 不 是“浸泡” 浸泡它們
- Look, but then... - Where?
- 看 但這兒... - 哪兒?
"In butter." I know that. But what is the...
“在黃油里”,這我知道,但...
"Bathe the thighs in butter and then stuff the..."
“把雞腿浸泡在黃油里,然后填進...”
What’s that word?
這是什么詞?