I had this notion, God knows why, that poaching eggs would be simple.
我有個毫無征兆的感覺 荷包蛋會很簡單
But I was deeply wrong.
但是我真真錯了
"Immediately and gently push the white over the yolk with a wooden spoon
“用一個木勺迅速而溫和地將蛋白覆蓋在蛋黃上”
"for two to three seconds." Immediately.
“兩到三秒” 馬上
Disgusting.
真惡心
Oh, maybe the eggs aren’t fresh. Julia says the eggs have to be fresh.
哦,也許雞蛋不新鮮 Julia說要新鮮的雞蛋
They are fresh.
它們很新鮮
Okay. You don’t have to bite my head off. I’m just quoting Julia.
好吧,你也沒必要弄得像我欠你錢一樣 我只不過在引用Julia的話
It took three of us, crammed into the kitchen over a pot of simmering water,
這讓我們?nèi)齻€擠在廚房里 圍著一鍋沸騰的水
but, eventually, we nailed it.
但最后 我們成功了
- Hello. - Welcome.
- 你好 - 歡迎
How cute is that?
這個真可愛啊?
And I ate my very first egg of my whole life, ever, ever, ever.
我吃了我這輩子,這一生中 第一枚雞蛋
I thought eggs were going to be greasy and slimy,
我以為雞蛋吃起來是油膩,黏糊糊的
but it tastes like cheese sauce. Yum.
但這吃起來倒像是,奶酪醬汁,好吃
Julia Child, you are so good.
Julia Child你真棒
- Cheers. - Cheers.
- 干杯 - 干杯
And, may I say, excellent wine?
還有,我得說這是美酒
- Do you think Julia knows about you? - I wish.
- 你覺得Julia知道你嗎? - 但愿吧
I have this fantasy that she comes for dinner and I show her my new lemon zester.
我YY過她來我們家吃飯 我給她炫耀一下我的新檸檬削皮器
We become very close.
我們會很親密的
The truth is, no one knows about me.
但事實是沒人知道我的存在
I feel like I’m just sending things into this giant void.
感覺上我只是在把文字傳到這片巨大的虛空之中
Which reminds me. Annabelle’s blog. Have you read it lately?
這讓我想到Annabelle的博客 你最近讀過它嗎?