“because we were tired and wanted to go to bed,” he said.
“因為我們累了,想早點兒睡覺。”他說。
“Without any supper?” said Snape, a triumphant smile flickering across his gaunt face.
“不吃晚飯?”斯內普說,枯瘦的臉上閃過一個得意的笑容,
“I didn't think ghosts provided food fit for living people at their parties.”
“我認為,鬼魂在晚會上提供的食物大概不太適合活人吧。”
“We weren't hungry,” said Ron loudly as his stomach gave a huge rumble.
“我們不餓。”羅恩大聲說,同時他的肚子嘰里咕嚕地響了起來。
Snape's nasty smile widened.
斯內普難看的笑容更明顯了。
“I suggest, Headmaster, that Potter is not being entirely truthful,” he said.
“我的意見是,校長,波特沒有完全說實話。”他說,
“It might be a good idea if he were deprived of certain privileges until he is ready to tell us the whole story.
“我們或許應該取消他的一些特權,直到他把事情原原本本地告訴我們。
I personally feel he should be taken off the Gryffindor Quidditch team until he is ready to be honest.”
我個人認為,最好讓他離開格蘭芬多魁地奇隊,等態度老實了再說。”
“Really, Severus,” said Professor McGonagall sharply, “I see no reason to stop the boy playing Quidditch.
“說實在的,西弗勒斯,”麥格教授厲聲說,“我看沒有理由不讓這孩子打球。
This cat wasn't hit over the head with a broomstick. There is no evidence at all that Potter has done anything wrong.”
這只貓又不是被掃帚打中了腦袋。而且沒有證據顯示波特做了任何錯事。”