特別聲明:
該節目由可可原創,未經可可許可請勿轉載。
When Tess arrived home the following afternoon
第二天下午,沒等苔絲回到家,
a letter had already been received by her mother.
她母親就先收到了一封信。
It appeared to come from Mrs d’Urberville,
信像是德伯夫人寫來的,
and offered Tess work looking after chickens.
她給苔絲提供了一份養雞的差事。
Joan Durbeyfield was delighted.
瓊·德北非常高興。
‘It's just a way of getting you there without raising your hopes.
“這是讓你去他們那里,同時不要抱太大希望。
She's going to recognize you as family,I'm sure of it.’
我相信她一定會把你當做一家人看待的。”
‘I would rather stay here with father and you,’
“我寧愿留在家里跟你和爸爸在一起。”
said Tess,looking out of the window.
苔絲看著窗外說。
‘But why?’
“那又為什么?”
‘I'd rather not tell you, mother, I don't really know.’
“還是別對你說的好,媽媽,我也不太清楚。”