I knew it, he murmured.There's summat in here that shouldn' be.
“我知道了,”他喃喃地說,“有一樣東西,它原本是不屬于這里的?!?
A werewolf? Harry suggested.
“狼人?”哈利問道。
That wasn' no werewolf an' it wasn' no unicorn, neither, said Hagrid grimly.Right, follow me, but careful, now.
“不是狼人,也不是獨角獸。”海格肯定地說,“好了,跟我來吧,現在可得小心了?!?
They walked more slowly, ears straining for the faintest sound. Suddenly, in a clearing ahead, something definitely moved.
他們走得比剛才更慢了,豎著耳朵,捕捉最細微的聲音。突然,在前面的空地上,他們清清楚楚地看見一個什么東西在動。
Who's there? Hagrid called.Show yerself — I'm armed!
“誰在那兒?”海格喊道,“快出來——我帶著武器呢!”
And into the clearing came — was it a man, or a horse?
那東西應聲走進了空地——它到底是人,還是馬?
To the waist, a man, with red hair and beard, but below that was a horse's gleaming chestnut body with a long, reddish tail.
腰部以上是人,紅色的頭發和胡子,腰部以下卻是棕紅色的發亮的馬身,后面還拖著一條長長的紅尾巴。
Harry and Hermione's jaws dropped.
哈利和赫敏吃驚地張大嘴巴。
Oh, it's you, Ronan, said Hagrid in relief.How are yeh?
“哦,原來是你,羅南。”海格松了一口氣,說,“你好嗎?”
He walked forward and shook the centaur's hand.
他走上前,和馬人握了握手。
Good evening to you, Hagrid, said Ronan. He had a deep, sorrowful voice.Were you going to shoot me?
“晚上好,海格?!绷_南說。他的聲音低沉而憂傷?!澳阆胗霉湮??”
Can't be too careful, Ronan, said Hagrid, patting his crossbow.
“不得不提高警惕,羅南,”海格說,一邊拍了拍他的箭筒,
There's summat bad loose in this forest. This is Harry Potter an' Hermione Granger, by the way. Students up at the school.
“這片森林里有個壞家伙在到處活動。噢,對了,這是哈利·波特和赫敏格蘭杰,是上面那所學校里的學生。
An' this is Ronan, you two. He's a centaur.
我來給你們倆介紹一下,這位是羅南,是一個馬人?!?
We'd noticed, said Hermione faintly.
“我們已經注意到了?!焙彰粜÷暤卣f。