He led them to the very edge of the forest.
他領著他們來到禁林邊緣,
Holding his lamp up high, he pointed down a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees.
把燈高高舉起,指著一條逐漸隱入黑色密林深處的羊腸小路。
A light breeze lifted their hair as they looked into the forest.
他們往禁林里望去,一陣微風吹拂著他們的頭發。
Look there, said Hagrid, see that stuff shinin' on the ground? Silvery stuff?
“你們往那邊瞧,”海格說,“看見地上那個閃光的東西嗎?銀白色的?
That's unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there bin hurt badly by summat.
那就是獨角獸的血。禁林里的一只獨角獸被什么東西打傷了,傷得很重。
This is the second time in a week. I found one dead last Wednesday.
這已經是一個星期里的第二次了。上星期三我就發現死了一只。
We're gonna try an' find the poor thing. We might have ter put it out of its misery.
我們要爭取找到那個可憐的獨角獸,使它擺脫痛苦。”
And what if whatever hurt the unicorn finds us first? said Malfoy, unable to keep the fear out of his voice.
“如果傷害獨角獸的那個東西先發現了我們,怎么辦呢?”馬爾福問,他的聲音里含著無法抑制的恐懼。
There's nothin' that lives in the forest that'll hurt yeh if yer with me or Fang, said Hagrid.
“只要你和我或者牙牙在一起,禁林里的任何生物都不會傷害你。”海格說道,
An' keep ter the path. Right, now, we're gonna split inter two parties an' follow the trail in diff'rent directions.
“不要離開小路。好了,現在我們要兵分兩路,分頭順著血跡尋找。
There's blood all over the place, it must've bin staggerin' around since last night at least.
到處都是血跡,顯然,它至少從昨天晚上起,就一直跌跌撞撞地到處徘徊。”
I want Fang, said Malfoy quickly, looking at Fang's long teeth.
“我要牙牙,”馬爾福看著牙牙長長的牙齒,忙不迭地說。
All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward, said Hagrid.
“好吧,不過我提醒你,它可是個膽小鬼。”海格說,
So me, Harry, an' Hermione'll go one way an' Draco, Neville, an' Fang'll go the other.
“那么,我、哈利和赫敏走一條路,馬爾福、納威和牙牙走另一條路。
Now, if any of us finds the unicorn, we'll send up green sparks, right?
如果誰找到了獨角獸,就發射綠色火花,明白嗎?
Get yer wands out an' practice now — that's it — an' if anyone gets in trouble, send up red sparks,
把你們的魔杖拿出來,練習一下——對了——如果有誰遇到了麻煩,就發射紅色火花,
an' we'll all come an' find yeh — so, be careful -- let's go.
我們都會過來找你——行了,大家多加小心——我們走吧。”