狄蘭·托馬斯(Dylan Thomas),二十世紀最具影響力的英語詩人之一。雖然狄蘭主要是位詩人,他也創作過電影劇本和短篇小說。在他剛慶祝完39歲生日不久,死于醉酒。狄蘭·托馬斯的詩歌圍繞生、死、欲三大主題;詩風粗獷而熱烈,音韻充滿活力而不失嚴謹;其肆意設置的密集意象相互撞擊、互相制約,表現自然的生長力和人性的律動。狄蘭·托馬斯的詩歌掀開了英美詩歌史上的新的篇章。

Twenty-Four Years—Dylan Thomas
二十四年——狄蘭·托馬斯
Twenty-four years remind the tears of my eyes.
回顧二十四年的歲月,我的眼里充滿淚水。
Bury the dead for fear that they walk to the grave in labour.
埋葬死者以免他們在陣痛中步向墳地。
In the groin of the natural doorway I crouched like a tailor
我曾蹲在天然門廊的腹溝里,
Sewing a shroud for a journey
像個裁縫,
By the light of the meat-eating sun.
借用吞食一切的陽光,
Dressed to die, the sensual strut begun,
盛裝就死,肉欲之徜徉已開始
With my red veins full of money,
我的紅色血管里滿是金錢,
In the final direction of the elementary town
朝著小市鎮最后的方向
I advance as long as forever is.
我永久地前行。
來源:可可英語 http://www.ccdyzl.cn/menu/201210/203142.shtml