75 Different Tastes
不同的口味
“Yuck! That was very distasteful!” exclaimed John.
“啐,太難喝了?!奔s翰大聲喊著,
“It was so sour, it distended my stomach!”
“它太酸了,我的胃都脹起來了?!?/div>
“When you distill your own liquor, sometimes you end up with a bad batch,” whispered Tom.
“你自己蒸餾造酒,有時會最終弄得一塌糊涂?!睖沸÷曊f。
“Here, try some of my homemade wine.
“來,嘗嘗我的自制酒。
I think you'll be able to draw a distinction between the two.”
我想你能喝出兩者的區別。”
John tried the wine.
約翰嘗了一口,
It caused his face to distort.
立刻臉都歪了,
He looked distraught with nausea.
看上去惡心的心煩意亂。
He spit it out and dived into the swimming pool to wash out his mouth.
他全吐了出來,然后潛入游泳池中沖洗自己的嘴。
“That was awful,” John decried.
“太難喝了,”約翰大聲埋怨著,
“You're right about the distinct taste.
“你說得對,味道的確與眾不同。
However, there's only one thing distinctive about it.
但它的出眾之處只有一點,
It's the worst wine in the world!
它是世界上最糟糕的酒!
How can you tolerate the taste of this liquid?
你怎么能喝得了這種味?
It neatly disunited my stomach and intestines.
我感覺它使我的胃、腸要分家了。
Could we possibly have such divergent views on taste?”
我們對味道的感覺可能有如此大的不同嗎?”
“I'm sorry for causing you so much distress,” said Tom.
“很抱歉給你帶來這么大的痛苦,”湯姆說,
“But at least it distracted you from the terrible aftertaste of the other liquor!”
“但它至少讓你分心沖淡了那種倒霉酒的余味。”
“What is causing this disturbance?” said the security guard, as he approached John and Tom.
“這里的騷亂是怎么回事?”保安邊問,邊走近約翰和湯姆。
“Don't you know, this is a special school district?
“你們不知道這里是特別校區嗎?
It's against the law to disturb the peace here.”
擾亂這里的安靜是犯法的?!?/div>
“Sorry,” said John with a snicker.
“對不起,”約翰笑著說,
“I was expressing my enjoyment of these fine and distinguished liquors.
“我正說著我如何品嘗、享用兩種香醇可口,品質超群的美酒。
Would you like to see if you can distinguish the difference between the two?”
你想嘗嘗嗎?看能否分得清他們?”
“Sure,” replied the security guard, as he took a quick gulp of both.
“當然,”保安一邊回答,一邊每樣喝了一大口,
“Very funny. They taste exactly the same. I wouldn't mind having another one.”
“有意思,味道完全一樣,我不介意再嘗一種的。”
“You're kidding, right?” said John in a condescending tone.
“你在開玩笑吧?”約翰以一種居高臨下的口氣說。
“Now listen,” said the security guard with a stern look, “It's illegal to make or distribute alcoholic beverages without a license.
“聽著,”保安一臉嚴肅的說,“無照制造或發送含酒精的飲料是非法的。
I should arrest you both for the illegal distribution of alcohol!”
我要以非法發送酒精飲料的罪名逮捕你們!”
“Well, how about having another drink instead?”
“慢著,是不是先嘗嘗另一種酒再說?”
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
district | ['distrikt] |
想一想再看 n. 區,地區,行政區 |
||
distinct | [dis'tiŋkt] |
想一想再看 adj. 獨特的,不同的,明顯的,清楚的 |
聯想記憶 | |
distend | [di'stend] |
想一想再看 v. 擴大,擴張,吹大 |
聯想記憶 | |
tolerate | ['tɔləreit] |
想一想再看 vt. 容忍,忍受 |
||
liquid | ['likwid] |
想一想再看 adj. 液體的,液態的 |
||
distribution | [.distri'bju:ʃən] |
想一想再看 n. 分發,分配,散布,分布 |
聯想記憶 | |
distract | [di'strækt] |
想一想再看 vt. 轉移,分心 |
聯想記憶 | |
illegal | [i'li:gəl] |
想一想再看 adj. 不合法的,非法的 |
聯想記憶 | |
tone | [təun] |
想一想再看 n. 音調,語氣,品質,調子,色調 |
||
distinguished | [di'stiŋgwiʃt] |
想一想再看 adj. 卓著的,尊敬的 動詞distinguish的過 |
聯想記憶 |