The roles you were born to fill?
你生來注定擔當的角色?
It’s my mistake.
是我的錯
Class dismissed.
下課
These girls.... Are you proud, President Carr?
那些孩子.... 你為他們驕傲嗎, 卡爾校長?
Yes, actually, I am. –Well, you should be, I guess. -
是的 -嗯,確實應該
Half of them are married. The other half, give it a month or so.
她們當中一半已經結婚了, 另一半,一兩個月內也要結婚
It’s really only a matter of time.
只是時間問題
They’re biding time until somebody proposes!
她們在等待,等待有人求婚!
A hundred years ago, it was inconceivable for a woman...
100年前,女人讀完大學...
to be a college graduate. ...
是件無法想象的事情
Perhaps you should look back to see how far we’ve come.
也許你該回頭看看,我們走得多遠
I’m sorry, from where I sit, it’s just a different kind of corset.
對不起,從我的位置來看這是另一種束縛
Well, we can all use a little support. –Oh, like Amanda Armstrong?
我們都可以使用些幫助 -哦,比如 阿曼達 阿姆斯特朗?
She broke the law! -According to Betty Warren. -
她違法了! -那是 貝蒂 沃倫的說法
According to the state of Massachusetts.
是馬薩諸賽州的法律
To hell with Wellesley. I’m done.
讓韋爾斯利學院見鬼去吧 我不干了
Goddamn it!
該死!
It’s brilliant, really. A perfect ruse.
太棒了,真的,完美的策略
A finishing school disguised as a college. They got me.
一個女子精修學校,卻冒充大學,他們騙了我
What do you expect? -More. More.
你還指望什么? -更多的東西