“So,” said Wood, at long last, jerking Harry from a wistful fantasy about what he could beeating for breakfast at this very moment up at the castle.
“就這樣,”伍德終于說,一下子把哈利從幻想中驚醒了,因為他這時正在想城堡里會吃些什么早點,
“Is that clear? Any questions?”
“清楚了嗎?有什么問題?”
“I've got a question, Oliver,” said George, who had woken with a start.
“我有個問題,奧利弗,”剛剛驚醒過來的喬治說,
“Why couldn't you have told us all this yesterday when we were awake?”
“你為什么不在昨天我們都醒著的時候跟我們說呢?”
Wood wasn't pleased.
伍德有些不快。
“Now, listen here, you lot,” he said, glowering at them all.
“聽著,伙計們,”他沉著臉說,
“We should have won the Quidditch Cup last year.
“我們去年就該贏得魁地奇獎杯的。
We're easily the best team.
我們的水平明顯高于其他球隊,
But unfortunately—owing to circumstances beyond our control—”
不幸的是,由于一些我們無法控制的情況……”
Harry shifted guiltily in his seat.
哈利在椅子上內疚地動了動,
He had been unconscious in the hospital wing for the final match of the previous year, meaning that Gryffindor had been a player short and had suffered their worst defeat in three hundred years.
去年最后決賽時他躺在醫院里,昏迷不醒,格蘭芬多少了一個球員,結果遭到了三百年來最大的慘敗。
Wood took a moment to regain control of himself.
伍德用了一些時間控制住自己的情緒,
Their last defeat was clearly still torturing him.
上次失敗的痛楚顯然還在折磨著他。
“So this year, we train harder than ever before. . . . Okay, let’s go and put our new theories into practice!” Wood shouted,
“所以今年我們要加倍發奮苦練……好,去把我們的新理論付諸實踐吧!”伍德大聲說,
seizing his broomstick and leading the way out of the locker rooms. Stifflegged and still yawning, his team followed.
抓起他的掃帚,帶頭走出了更衣室;他的隊員們打著哈欠,拖著麻木的雙腿跟在后面。