Bryce:The dinner with the Bakers had taken its toll on me.
和貝克一家的晚餐 讓我付出了代價
Then the annual school fundraiser arrived
一年一度的校園籌款活動開始了
and I found myself with a whole newset ofproblems.
我發現自己被一系列新的問題糾纏住了
I was a Basketboy.
我成了"午餐男孩"
To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketboy,
要想充分理解作為"午餐男孩"的恥辱
you need to know that the chosen few
你就得知道 被選中的可憐蛋
areauctioned offin front of the student body
要在學校同學面前被拍賣
to the highest-bidding females.
賣給出價最高的女同學
Yes, technically,each ofus comes with a lunch in a basket.
對 形式上我們是拎著裝午餐的籃子登臺
But let's not kid ourselves.
不過還是不要自欺欺人了
This was a beefcake parade.
其實就是出賣男色
Garrett:There he is, my idol.
他在這里 我的偶像
Bryce:One word, you're a dead man.
再胡說你就死定了
Garrett:No, man, I'm serious. Listen, you won't believe this.
不 老兄 說真的 你不會相信的
Bryce:What?
什么
Garrett:Two of the hottest chicks are fighting over you.
兩個辣妹為你大打出手
What are you talking about? Sherry isbreaking up withMitch.
你在說什么啊 雪莉和米胖分手了
She and Melanie are having a bidding war over you.
她和美蘭妮為你大打競價之戰
Bryce:I don't care.
沒興趣
Garrett:Are you nuts? Sherry dumped Mitch because of you.
你是傻瓜嗎 雪莉為了你把米胖甩了
You're my idol.
你是我的偶像
Bryce:As comforting as it was to be Garrett's idol,
即便成了伽利特的偶像
it didn't diminishthe horror ofbeing Basketboy number nine.
成為9號"午餐男孩"的恐懼心情也絲毫未減
And my only hope was that
我唯一的希望是
a giant tornado would destroy the school before the big event.
一場巨大的龍卷風在活動舉辦前光臨學校
It was a long shot.
但這很渺茫