Juli:As I wasgetting dressedfor the Loskis' dinner party
當我為參加洛斯奇家的晚宴換衣服時
I found myself staring at the painting my father had given me
我不由地注視著爸爸送我的那幅畫
and became furious all over again.
又一次怒不可遏
Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever.
布萊斯從來都不是我的朋友 從來不是
He hadn't taken my side about the tree;
砍樹時 他不站在我這邊
he'dthrown awaymy eggs;
他扔了我的雞蛋
and he made fun of me at my uncle's expense.
還取笑我叔叔的花費
When my mother called that it was time to go...
當媽媽叫我該走了的時候
Mother:Juli, let's go, we're late!
朱莉 我們走吧 遲到了
Juli:I went out with every intention of telling her
我非常想沖出去告訴她
that I wasn't going to the Loskis for dinner.
我不去洛斯奇家吃飯
Mother:Honey, please hold these.
親愛的 幫我拿著這些
I need to check my hair really quickly one more time.
我得趕緊再看看我的頭發
Honey, your hair is perfect. Really?
親愛的 你的頭發很漂亮 真的嗎
Juli:But she looked so happy
但是她看起來那么開心
and she'd gone to so much trouble over the pies
她還花了那么多功夫做餡餅
that I couldn't.
我不能掃她的興
Mother:My gosh. God, what a disaster.
天啊 老天 差一點
Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this.
好啦 給 端著 你端著這盤
I don't wanna hold it. I won't have you hold it.
我不想端 我不會讓你端的
Let's go, boys.
我們走吧 小伙子們
Juli:But that didn't mean I had to be nice to Bryce.
但那并不意味著我得對布萊斯客氣
And I don't wanna speak to you.
我不想跟你說話
Not now, not ever.
現在不想 永遠不想
It felt good to take charge.
掌握主動權的感覺不錯
I felt strong,in control.
我感到強大自信
I told Bryce what I thought
我告訴了布萊斯我的想法
and I was determined not to talk to him forthe rest ofthe evening.
還決定那天晚上不再和他講話