Harry's heart leapt.
哈利的心怦怦跳起來,
So did the witch; a load of fingernailscascadeddown over her feet and she cursed as the massive form of Hagrid,
那巫婆也驚得一跳,指甲紛紛灑落到她的腳背上。她詛咒著,只見海格,
the Hogwarts gamekeeper, came striding toward them, beetle-black eyes flashing over his great bristling beard.
那魁梧的狩獵場看守,正大步向他們走來,甲蟲般黑亮的眼睛在大胡子上面炯炯放光。
“Hagrid!” Harrycroakedin relief.
“海格!”哈利心里一寬,沙啞著嗓子喊道,
“I was lost — Floo powder —”
“我迷路了……飛路粉……”
Hagrid seized Harry by the scruff of the neck and pulled him away from the witch, knocking the tray right out of her hands.
海格揪住哈利的后脖頸把他從老巫婆身邊拉開,然后一揮手打落了她手里的盤子。
Her shrieks followed them all the way along the twisting alleyway out into bright sunlight.
她的尖叫聲一直追著他們穿過曲曲折折的小巷,直到他們來到明亮的陽光下。
Harry saw a familiar, snow-white marble building in the distance — Gringotts Bank.
哈利遠遠地就看到了一個熟悉的雪白大理石建筑:古靈閣銀行。
Hagrid had steered him right into Diagon Alley.
海格直接把他帶到了對角巷。
“Yer a mess!” said Hagrid gruffly, brushing soot off Harry so forcefully he nearly knocked him into abarrelof dragon dung outside an apothecary.
“看你這樣子!”海格粗聲粗氣地說,用力給哈利撣去身上的煤灰,重手重腳的,差點把他搡進一家藥店外的龍糞桶里。
“Skulkin' around Knockturn Alley, I dunno—dodgy place, Harry—don' want no one ter see yeh down there —”
“在翻倒巷里瞎轉,你不知道—那不是個好地方,哈利,別讓人看見你在那兒—”
“I realized that,” said Harry, ducking as Hagrid made to brush him off again.
“我也看出來了,”哈利見海格又要來替他撣灰,連忙躲開,
“I told you, I was lost—what were you doing down there, anyway?”
“跟你說我迷路了嘛—你在那兒干什么?”
“I was lookin' fer a Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent,”growledHagrid.
“我在找一種驅趕食肉鼻涕蟲的藥,”海格粗聲粗氣地說,
“They're ruinin' the school cabbages. Yer not on yer own?”
“它們快把學校的卷心菜糟蹋光了。你不是一個人吧?”
“I'm staying with the Weasleys but we got separated,” Harry explained.
“我現在住在韋斯萊家,可是我們走散了,”哈利解釋說,
“I've got to go and find them. . . .”
“我得去找他們……”
They set off together down the street.
他們一起朝前走去。