Lesson 7 What were you doing when men landed on the moon?
人類登月的時候你在做什么
Here's an interesting article.
這兒有一篇有趣的文章.
There's a new plan to send a rocket to Mars.
有個新計劃要把一枚火箭發射到火星上去.
To Mars.I dreamed of going to Mars.
到火星上去,我夢想到火星上去.
I dreamed of going to the moon.
我夢想到月球上去.
Remember those great television pictures?
記得那些偉大的電視畫面嗎?
What were you doing when men landed on the moon?
當人類登上月球時,你在做什么?
I was watching television at college.
我正在大學看電視.
I was making a movie.
我正在拍電影.
I was playing at school.
我正在學校玩.
No,you weren't. I was very young.
不,不可能. 當時我很小.
Well,it was a long time ago.Boy,I feel old.
噢,這是很久以前的事了. 伙計,現在我覺得自己老了.
I was holding my new baby when they landed.I was crying my eyes out.
當他們登陸時,我正抱著我剛出生的孩子.我激動得痛哭流涕.
George Watts!Or should we call you Uncle Ben...Welcome back.
喬治.瓦茨! 或者我應該稱呼你為本大叔?...歡迎你回來,
Tell us why you were crying.
告訴我們你尋時為什么哭.
I was crying because I was so happy.
我哭聲是因為我太高興了.
The nurses in the hospital were watching televisions.
醫院的護士們正在看電視.
The astronauts were saying those famous words,
宇航員正說著那句著名的話:
"One small step for man,one giant leap for mankind."
我邁出的一小步,對人類來說卻是一大步."
It was a beautiful moment.
那是個美妙的時刻.
The baby was crying. I was crying.The nurses were clapping.
孩子在哭,我也在哭,護士們在鼓掌.
That's nice.What brings you to the studio?
真是太好了.是什么風把你吹到演播室來了?
Well,I jsut came back from Paris yesterday,and I decided to come here and say hello.
噢,我昨天剛從巴黎回來,就決定來這兒和大家打個招呼.
Good.Sit down.What were you doing in Paris?
好極了,請坐.你在巴黎做什么?
I was trying out for a new movie.
我當時試拍部新戲.
You were eating all that good Parisian food.
你肯定吃遍了巴黎所有的美食.
Well,I ate some very good meals,that's true.
真的,我吃了好幾頓美聯社餐.這是真的.
But what's new here? Did you see the papers? No.
這兒最近有什么新聞嗎? 你看報紙了嗎? 沒有.
While you were away,we were reviewed by all the papers. Oh,really?
你不在時,所有的報紙都評論我們. 噢,真的嗎?
"Murder at Midnight" was called the best new show of the year.
<午夜兇殺>被評為今年最好的電視劇.
The critics said Steven was a brilliant young director.
評論家們說,史蒂文是個出色的年輕導演.
And Mary Beth was given excellent reviews.
瑪麗受到了嘉評.
Charles got great reviews too.
查爾斯也得到了評論家的贊美.
But Jeff had the best reviews of all.
但是杰夫得到了最好的稱贊.
Where is Jeff? He's rehearsing with Steven.
杰夫在哪兒? 他正在與史蒂文一起排練.
While you were away,Jeff's father went to the hospital. OH,no!
你不在時,杰夫的爸爸住院了. 噢,不.
He was moving furniture when he felt a pain in his chest.
他在搬家具時感到胸口一陣疼.
A few minutes later,Jeff's mother found him on the floor.
幾分鐘后,杰夫的媽媽發現他倒在地板上.
Where was Jeff? He was here at the studio.
杰夫當時在哪兒? 他在演播室這兒.
He was rehearsing when the call came.
當電話打來時,他正在排練.
I was talking to Jeff when Rita came with the message.
當麗塔來告知這個消息時,我正在與杰夫說話.
Where's Jeff now? Upstairs with Steven.
杰夫現在在哪兒? 與史蒂文在樓上.
Well,I'm going to find him and say hello.
噢,我去找他問候一下.
I'll see you later. It was nice seeing you. Come back again soon.
回頭見. 很高興見到你. 早點兒回來.
This is the end of the Lesson 7
第七課已經結束了。