Lesson 4 The newspapers are finally reviewing the show.
報紙終于開始評論這部戲了
Today's the day.The newspapers are finally reviewing the show.
就是今天,報紙終于開始評論這部戲了.
I hate critics.I hate reading their reviews.
我討厭評價家,我不喜歡讀他們的評論.
You seem surprisingly calm.
你看起來異常地冷靜.
I'm not.I'm terribly nervous.
不是,我非常緊張.
You hide it very well.
你隱藏得很好.
I just hope the critics like the show.
我只是希望評論家們喜歡這部戲.
Don't you think they will?
你覺得他們不會嗎?
These will be my first reviews as a dramatic director.
這將是我作為電視劇導演第一次得到報界的評論.
Well,I don't care what the reviews say.
噢,我不在乎這些評論說什么,
You directed beautifully.
你導演得很出色.
Do you really think so?
你真這么想?
Steven,you're a good director.
史蒂文,你是個好導演,
You work well with the cast.
你與所有演員都相片得很好,
You're doing a wonderful job.I mean it.
說真的,你的工作做得很出色.
Gee,thanks. I hope the critics think the way you do.
哎呀,謝謝.我希望評論家們跟你想得一樣.
Thanks. Here goes: the Daily News,the Stamford Gazette,
謝謝.這兒有各種報紙:《每日新聞》、《斯坦福德公報》、
the Connecticut Record,and the New York Times.
《康涅鍬格州紀事》、《紐約時報》.
Aren't you going to read them? Let's do this quickly.
你不想看嗎?我們快點兒看吧。
You do it.
你來讀。
OK. Which one first?
好,先讀哪個?
The Stamford Gazette. Let me find it.
《斯坦福德公報》. 讓我來找一下。
Ok...Here it is.
好的....在這兒。
Well...Come on...Let's hear it.
噢...快點兒...讓我們聽聽.
"If you like suspense,don't miss 'Murder at Midnight.'
"如果你喜歡懸念,就不要錯過《午夜兇殺》.
This new mystery show is one of the ten gest of the season."
這部新的懸念劇是這個季度十佳電視劇之一。“
Wow! These newspaper reviews are wonderful.
哇,這些評論太好了.
I guess so.
我也是這么想的.
Dod you know that you act brilliantly?
你知道,你表演得很精彩嗎?
Does it really say that? Yes.
評論上真這么說嗎? 是的,
And here..."Jeff Bennett moves smoothly into his first big role.
看這兒...."杰夫,班納特很自然地融入了他的首次領銜主演的角色中.
He is perfect as the sensitive but strong reporter."
他把一個敏感而言詞犀利的記者演得完美無缺."
"...He is beautifully directed by Steven Winn."
...他得到了史蒂文,韋恩出色的指導."
"...And nicely supported by veteran actress Mary Beth Adams."
"...并且他得到了經驗豐富的女演員瑪麗.貝思.亞當斯的有力配合."
I'm nicely supported by Mary Beth?
我得到了瑪麗.貝思的有力配合?
No.She's the star of the show.I was supporting her.
不,她是這部劇中的主角,我只是個配角.
You're very modest.
你真謙虛.
Well,not really. I'm just telling the truth.
噢,不,我說的是事實.
Jeff Bennett,you're a very good actor ...
杰夫.班納特,你是個優秀的演員...
Would you mind giving me your autograph? Not at all.
你能給我簽個名嗎? 沒問題.
You even write well...So,if there is anything I can do....
你的字也寫得那么好....如果有什么我能做的....
Well,just keep reading those reviews.
好的,繼續讀那些評論.
Of course I will. Seriously,Jeff. How's your dad today?
我當然會的,說正經的,杰夫,你爸爸今天怎么樣?
He's doing very well,thanks.He'll be going home soon.
他很好,謝謝.他很快會回家的.
That's good.
那太好了.
It's my mother I'm worried about.
我擔心的是我媽媽.
She isn't doing well?
她身體不好嗎?
She's extremely tense.This is very hard on her.
她太緊張了,這件事難為她了.
Well,she's lucky she has you here.
噢,幸好他有你在身邊.
I think she really needs me.
我想她真的需要我.
Why do you sound so surprised? I don't know.
你為什么聽起來這么驚訝呢? 我不知道,
This may sound strange,but it's the first time I'm the one in charge
這聽起來或許有些奇怪,但這是我第一次主事
--not my father or mother or older brother.
---而不是我爸,我媽或我哥,
They're all relying on me.
他們都依賴我.
This is the end of lesson 4
第四課已經結束了。