Bill: You know Nolan Ross?
比爾:你認識諾蘭·羅斯?
Emily: Yes, we've been close for a long time.
艾米麗:是的,我跟他熟識已久了。
Bill: A bit of an odd bird, that one. I wouldn't guess he had any real friends at all, much less one as lovely as you.
比爾:他是個怪人。我以為他壓根沒什么朋友。尤其是像你這么迷人的朋友。
Emily: Nolan knows when people look at him, they see dollar signs. So he's built up a few defense mechanisms. It's hard to know who to trust when it comes to money.
艾米麗:諾蘭知道人們看著他的時候,眼里滿是閃閃發(fā)光的鈔票。所以他很有自我保護意識。一旦牽扯到錢,就不知道該信任誰了。
Bill: Couldn't agree more. So who do you trust?
比爾:再同意不過了。那么你信任誰呢?
Emily: With my money? Myself since 2008. I've been sitting in cash and short-term bonds wondering when that second shoe's gonna drop.
艾米麗:對于我的錢嗎?自從2008年后,我只信任自己。我的資產只有現金和短期債券。不知道什么時候才能有回報。
Bill: My fund actually made money in 2008.
比爾:我的基金在2008年還掙錢了呢。
Emily: Really? Well, what do you have, a crystal ball?
艾米麗:真的嗎?嗯,你難道有預言水晶球嗎?
Bill: And a magic hat. Bit of free advice? The other shoe's not gonna drop anytime soon. You should consider getting back into the market.
比爾:還有一頂魔法帽。免費給你點小建議。不會那么快就有收益的。你可以考慮退回市場。
Emily: Never said I wasn't considering.
艾米麗:我不是沒考慮過。
Bill: Well, then you and I have a lot to discuss. Call my office. We'll set a lunch when you're ready. Loser pays.
比爾:那我和你有很多可以聊的了。打電話到我辦公室。等你有這個打算了,一起吃午飯聊聊。賭輸的人付錢。
Emily: Always.
艾米麗:必須的。