2.實用對話
Encouraging Someone鼓勵
Emily: At the sports meeting today, which sport are you planning to participate in?
艾米麗:今天的運動會,你準備參加哪個項目?
Peter: I'm in the 400 meter relay. I'm really nervous.
彼得:我參加了400米接力賽。我真的好緊張。
Emily: Why so nervous?
艾米麗:怎么這么緊張呢?
Peter: I don't want to do badly and let my team-mates down.
彼得:我不想表現太差勁。而讓我的隊友失望。
Emily: I think you can do it. No need to worry. You've been practising hard and I'm sure you'1l win if you just focus.
艾米麗:我覺得你能行。沒必要擔心的。你一直都那么拼命地訓練,我肯定只要你能集中注意力,一定會贏得比賽的。
Peter: You're right. I need to be confident. But the relay is a team sport and that requires cooperation.
彼得:你說得對,我應該有信心。但是接力賽是一個團體性項目,需要相互配合。
Emily: That means everyone should work together and try their hardest. You'll win or fail as a team, not just because of one
person.
艾米麗:這就意味著大家要相互協作,共同努力。你們將作為一個團隊共同面對成功或失敗,而不僅僅是一個人。
Peter: Yeah, I know, but I can't help but feel a little nervous anyway.
彼得:是啊,我知道,但我還是控制不住有一點兒緊張。
Emily: Show some courage! I'm sure your team will do fine and win. I believe in you, so you should too.
艾米麗:鼓起勇氣來!我相信你們小組會表現得很出色而且最終能贏得比賽。我相信你,你也應該相信自己。
Peter: I know. We'll try our best. Thanks for your support. It really helps.
彼得:我知道,我們會盡最大努力的。謝謝你的支持,這對我幫助很大。
Emily: Besides, I'll be there watching and cheering you on.
艾米麗:還有,我會觀看比賽并為你加油的。