Oops! 感嘆詞:驚訝
Diarmuid: Hello and welcome to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Diarmuid. 大家好,歡迎來到BBC地道英語。我是圣保羅。
Feifei: 大家好,我是馮菲菲。在地道英語里你會學到英國人日常生活中常用到,而且通常在字典和課本里找不到的單詞和短語。
Diarmuid: That's right. Feifei, could you pass me my cup of tea please? 對啦,菲菲,可以把我的茶遞給我嗎?
Feifei: Sure. Here you are… Oops! Oh, I'm so sorry I've dropped it. 我剛剛沒拿好茶杯,所以把茶灑了一地。唉!
Diarmuid: No! My tea is all over the floor! 不!我的茶撒得一地都是!
Feifei: I'm really sorry Diarmuid. 真抱歉,圣保羅。
Diarmuid: Never mind. It's only a cup of tea. And anyway, something good has come out of this accident. 沒關系。這只是一杯水,不管怎么樣,還是有好事的。
Feifei: What's that? 是什么?
Diarmuid: You have already introduced today's new word: oops! 你已經說出了今天要說的新詞了。
Feifei: Oops. O.O.P.S. Oops. Oops. 這是一個感嘆詞,表示驚訝或遺憾。當我們范了一個小錯誤是,比方說像剛才把茶灑了一地,或是在電腦上打字敲錯了一個字母,這種時候我們就用 oops.
Diarmuid: Yes, whenever you make a small mistake such as knocking something over, you can say the word oops. 是的,無論什么時候你犯了一個小錯誤或者打翻什么東西,你可以用這個感嘆詞。
Example
A: Be careful moving that pile of books. 小心移動那堆書。
B: Oops! 哎呀!
A: Now look! Those books are all over the place. 看吧,書到處都是了。
B: Don't worry. I'll soon pick them up. 別擔心。我會盡快收拾好的。
Feifei: 不過要記住這個詞一般只適用于犯小錯誤的時候。
Diarmuid: Yes, if you use oops when something serious has happened, it could appear that you are not taking the situation seriously. 是的,如果你用這個詞描述一些嚴肅的事,那么就是說你沒有嚴肅對待這種情況。
Feifei: Are there any other words in English that we can use instead of oops? 還有什么詞和oops意思相近嗎?
Diarmuid: Of course, there are always alternatives in English. Some people say whoops instead of oops. 當然,英語里有很多替換詞。有的人用whoops代替oops。
Feifei: Whoops.
Diarmuid: And some people might even say whoops-a-daisy, although that is a little old-fashioned now. 有的人甚至用whoops-a-daisy,盡管有點過時了。
Feifei: Well it's the end of the programme. Remember to listen to more Real Authentic English... oops! I got the name of the programme wrong! 嗯,這期節目就到這里了。記得收聽更多的地道英語節目……哎呀,我把節目名說錯了。
Diarmuid: Whoops-a-daisy! I think you meant Authentic Real English from the BBC. 我相信你知道是BBC地道英語節目。
Feifei: I certainly did. 可以登陸我們每天更新的網站學習更多的地道英語 www.bbcchina.com.cn. Bye for now.