Yang Li: (Slurp) Mmm... nice noodles, Diarmuid! 嗯……圣保羅,面條真好吃!
Diarmuid: You like them Yang Li? 楊麗,你喜歡吃嗎?
Yang Li: Yes, they're so delicious! 是的,它們太美味了。
Diarmuid: I'm glad you like them, Li. But today on Authentic Real English, we're going to introduce our listeners to another word which can be used to describe your noodles: yummy. 很高興你喜歡吃,麗。但是今天我們地道英語節目要學習另外一個形容面條好吃的詞:yummy。
Yang Li: Yummy?
Diarmuid: Yes, yummy: Y.U.M.M.Y.
Yang Li: 我相信每個同學都知道好吃的 delicious 這個形容詞,但是我注意到,在英國人們更喜歡用 yummy 這個詞來表示同樣的意思,也就是好吃的、可口的。 Mind if I have some more Diarmuid? 圣保羅,我還能再來點嗎?
Diarmuid: Sure, go ahead, plenty of noodles. 當然,再來點,還有很多面條呢。
Yang Li: Mmm, (slurp) yummy. 嗯,好吃。
Examples
A: We ate out at that Thai restaurant last night. 昨天晚上我們在泰國餐廳吃飯了。
B: Oh how was that? 怎么樣?
A: I had Thai green curry, it was yummy! 我嘗了泰國的青咖喱,很好吃!
A: Have you tried Jim's birthday cake? 你吃過吉米的生日蛋糕嗎?
B: Yes, it's so yummy! 吃了,很美味!
Diarmuid: So there we go: yummy, a useful word for describing food. It's not as formal as the word delicious, but it's not rude to say it. 所以,yummy是一個用來形容食物的很有用的詞。它沒有delicious這個詞那么正式,但是也不是粗話。
Yang Li: 是的。Yummy 這個并不是粗話,只不過比較隨便,常常用于熟悉的朋友之間。
Diarmuid: Remember, you'll find a lot more useful phrases and expressions on our website, which is: 記住,你會在我們網站上找到更多更有用的詞組和表達。
Yang Li: www.bbcukchina.com.
Diarmuid: Yes, well I think I'll have a little bowl of those noodles now, I'm starving. 是的,我想吃一小碗的面條了,我有點餓了。
Yang Li: Err, actually Diarmuid... 額,事實上,圣保羅……
Diarmuid: You've finished them? 你剛才的都吃完了?
Yang Li: Yes, sorry, they were just so yummy. 是的,抱歉,它們太好吃了。
Diarmuid: Oh well, you'll just have to cook next time. Bye for now. 哦,你得下次重新做了。下次再見。