Yang Li: Welcome to Authentic Real English. I'm Yang Li. 歡迎來到地道美語。我是楊麗。
Diarmuid: And I'm Diarmuid. You know Li, it was so nice to meet your friends last night. 我是圣保羅。麗,你知道的,昨天能和你朋友見面我真的很高興。
Yang Li: Oh, you liked meeting them? 穆達是在說我們昨天晚上的聚餐,他在餐桌上認識了我的許多朋友。
Diarmuid: Yeah, they're really cool. I've 'friended' them already. 是的,他們都很帥。我們都成了好朋友了。
Yang Li: You've friended... you mean you've become friends with them? 你們已經是朋友……你是說你和他們已經成為朋友了嗎?
Diarmuid: Well yes, we've become friends. But I also friended them. 嗯,是的,我們成為朋友了。但是我也他們結交了。
Yang Li: Eh? Not sure I know what you mean. 額?我不是很清楚你的意思。
Diarmuid: Well Li, I'm sure you know about social networking sites like Facebook, Bebo and Qzone? 嗯,麗,我相信你一定知道社交網絡,比如Facebook,Bebo和QQ空間。
Yang Li: Oh, social networking sites 社交網絡。
Diarmuid: When you add someone to your friends list, you can say you add them, or simply friend them. 當你加入一些人到你的朋友清單里,你就加他們好友,這就簡單地結交了朋友了。
Yang Li: 在使用這些社交網絡時如果你把某人的名字加到你的朋友名單里,加 add,那么你就便和這些人結識了 friend them 這里的 friend 是動詞。
Examples
A: That Michael has so many Facebook friends. 麥克有那么多Facebook上的好友。
B: I know, he just friends everyone he meets. He doesn't have any real friends. 我知道,他和他遇到的每個人交朋友。他沒有真的朋友。
Yang Li: 就像漢語新詞一樣,英語中的許多新詞語也都是從互聯網上來的。
Diarmuid: It is indeed. It can be quite hard to keep up with all the changes!
Yang Li: 沒錯,要隨時跟上互聯網新詞新語的動態可不是一件容易的事兒!
Diarmuid: Try surfing the web in English instead of Chinese sometimes—you'll find lots of interesting words that you should be able to guess from their context. 有時試著用英語瀏覽網頁而不是中文——你會找到很多有趣的單詞,你可以從它們的內容上猜它們的意思。
Yang Li: 是的,如果你經常使用漢語上網瀏覽,那么在遇到英語網絡詞匯的時候,你基本上可以根據上下文來判斷詞義。