Discount折扣
A:Even with volume sales, our costs for the Exec Uciser won't go down much.
即使是大量銷售,我們的“健身樂”生產成本仍無法降低太多。
B:Just what are you proposing?
那么你的建議是?
A:We could take a cut on the price. But 25% would reduce much our profit margin. We suggest acompromise10%.
敝公司可以降價但是七五折會過度削低我們的毛利率。我們建議打九折。
B:That's a big change from 25%! 10% isbeyondmynegotiatinglimit. (pause) Any other ideas?
那根七五折相差太多了!九折實在超出我們的談判限度。(停頓)有其他方案嗎?
A:I don't think I can change it right now. Why don't we talk again tomorrow?
我現在沒辦法更改方案。 這樣吧,我們何不明天再談?
B:Sure, I have to talk to my office anyway. I hope we can find somecommon groundon this.
可以。反正我也得和公司討論一下。希望我們能夠達成共識。
(next day) 次日
B:Robert, I have been instructed to reject the numcers you proposed; but we can try to come up with something else.
羅伯特,奉公司指示,我得拒絕你們的折扣,但我們還可以找出其他可行的辦法。
A:I hope so, Dana. My instructions are to negotiate hard on this deal, but I'm trying very hard to reach some middle ground.
希望如此,丹。上面指示我們要強硬地談這筆生意,但我一直想達成折中的方案。
B:I understand. We propose astructureddeal. For the first six months, we get a discount of 20%, and the next six months we get 15%.
我了解。那么我們提議階段式交易。前半年先給我們打八折,后半年則打八五折。
A:Dana, I can't bring those numbers back to my office, they'll turn it down flat.
丹,我沒辦法向公司報告這樣的數字,他們一定會斷然拒絕。
B:Then you'll have to think of something better, Robert.
羅伯特,那你就得想出更好的方案了。
重點解釋:
discountn.折扣;打折扣
We give a special discount of 10 per cent for cash.
如用現金購買,我們給予九折優待。
compromisen.妥協方案;折衷辦法
The interior decoration of the house is a compromise between Chinese and foreign styles.
這所房子的內部裝飾是中西兩式的折衷物。
negotiatevi.談判
common ground 共同點
Bob and Frank don't like each other because they have no common ground.
鮑勃跟弗蘭克互不喜歡對方,他倆毫無共同之處。