Price and quality 價格與質量
A:Steven, what's your idea of price?
斯蒂文先生,你怎么看待這個價格?
B:The best we can do is $120 per case.
我們最高給到每箱120美元。
A:I'm afraid that's impossible. You can't expect us to reduce it to that extent.
恐怕不能。你不能指望我們把價格定得那么低。
B:I think you are well informed about theprevailingmarket. Some Spanish firms are offering the same at much lower prices.
我認為你們對現行市場十分了解。一些西班牙公司報同等貨品的價格比你們要低得多。
A:Price can't be separated from quality. Acomparisonof the quality of our products with that ofrivalgoods will show you that ours is farsuperior.
價格不能與質量分開。將我們的產品質量與其他廠家的比較,你就會發現我方質量要好的多。
B:It's true yours are of better quality. But your price is still on the high side even if we take quality into consideration. How aboutmeeting each other half way?
你們的產品質量的確要好些。但即使將質量考慮在內,你們的價格還是偏高。我們各讓一半如何?
A:Well, I'll have to think about it and get back to you in about 30 minutes.
那么我必須得想一想。三十分鐘后回復你吧。
B:Take your time, please.
不著急。
重點解釋:
prevailingadj.現行的;主要的;流行的;普遍的
Yellow is the prevailing color in her room.
黃色是她房間的主色。
comparison n. 比較,對比
rivaln.競爭者,對手
adj.競爭的
The rival companies tried to outsell one another.
相互競爭的公司試圖比對方銷售出更多的貨物。
superioradj.較好的,較高級的,上級的
This handbag is made of superior leather.
這只手提包由上等皮革制成。
meet each other half way雙方都退一步(以達成共識)