A trial order 試銷訂購
A:Alan, I believe you have studied ourcatalogueand price list. Are you interested in some of our products?
艾倫先生,我想你已經研究過我們的產品目錄和價格單了,你是否對我們的某些產品感興趣呢?
B:Yes. I'm thinking of buying some T-shirts, but I find your price is on the high side.
是的,我在考慮訂購一些T恤,但我覺得你們的價格有些偏高。
A:I'm very surprised to hear you say that. I think our price is veryfavorable. You can hardly get such an attractive price from other suppliers.
您這么說真讓我吃驚。我認為我方的價格是很優惠的。您從其他供貨商那里很難拿到如此誘人的價格。
B:I'm not so sure of that. I think it's difficult for me topushsales at such a price.
對此我可不敢肯定。我覺得很難以這一價格推銷你們的產品。
A:What's yourproposalthen?
那您有什么提議?
B:I thinkto get the business done, you should at least reduce the price by 20%.
我認為要做成這筆生意,你至少應降價20%。
A:We could take a cut on the price if your order is a large one, but a 20% reduction is really more than we can do. What quantity are you going to order from us then?
如果你訂貨量大的話,我們可以降一次價,但降價20%我們實在不能承受。你們準備訂多少貨呢?
B:As atrialorder, I'll take 5,000 dozen this time.
作為試銷訂購,我這次訂5000打。
A:5,000 dozen is by no means a large order. In that case, the best I can do is to gice you a 5% reduction.
5000打絕不是什么大訂單。那樣的話我們只能降價5%。
B:That's not a big change from 20%. I really can't accept that.
5%與20%相差太大了,我確實沒法承受。
A:What's your counter-offer then?
那你還個價吧。
B:To conclude the idea, I'd say a reduction of at least 15%would help.
為了做成交易,我說至少要降價15才行。
A:15% is impssible. That will leave us almost no profit.
15%是不可能的。那樣的話我們就沒有利潤可賺了。
B:If that's the case, I'll have to go somewhere else to meet my needs.
這樣的話,我只能去找其他供貨商了。
A:How about doing it this way? You increase your quantity by 8,000 dozen and I'll give you a 10% reduction.
你看這樣行不行?你把訂貨量增加8000打,我們降價10%。
B:8,000 would be too large a figure to be used for atrial.
8000打對試銷訂貨來說數量實在有點多。
A:Well, to encourage future business, I'm prepared to reduce the price by 10%. We can't go any further.
好吧,為了促進今后的生意,我同意降價10%。我們沒辦法再降了。
B:OK. Let's call it a deal.
好吧。成交。
生詞注釋:
cataloguen.目錄;產品目錄單
favorableadj.贊同的;有利的;適合的;優惠的
pushvt.推銷(商品)
proposaln.提議,建議
get sth. done完成某事
The professor asked us to get the home work done by Friday.
教授讓我們在周五之前完成作業。
trialadj.試驗的,試制的
He was hired for a three month period on a trial basis.
他受雇試用三個月。
n.嘗試,試用,試驗