201.Wait a minute.
[ ]
稍等。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Laura and I went to the same college.
(我和Laura上過同一所大學。)
B: Wait a minute. Did you say Laura?
(等一下,你是說Laura?)
A: I saw this painting when I was in New York.
(我在紐約的時候見過這幅畫。)
B: Wait a minute. When were you in America?
(等一下,你什么時候去過美國?)
A: See you later, Dad.
(爸爸,一會兒見。)
B: Wait a minute. Where are you going?
(等一下,你要去哪兒?)
【瘋狂替換】
①Wait a second.(等一下。)
②Hold on.(稍候。)
Kim’s Note: These are some of the most useful sentences in English. You will find countless opportunities to use them every day. In America everyone is always in a rush, so it can be extremely useful to know several ways to tell someone to wait.
在英語中,這些都是最有用的句子。每天你都有無數次使用到它們的機會。在美國,每個人都在趕時間,所以,多學幾種叫別人等待的說法是非常有用的。
202.Let’s see.
[ ]
讓我想想看。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you have time tomorrow afternoon?
(你明天下午有空嗎?)
B: Let’s see. Yes. What about 2:00?
(讓我想想看。有。兩點鐘怎么樣?)
A: How many envelopes have we got?
(我們一共有多少個信封?)
B: Let’s see. Twenty-two.
(讓我看看。22個。)
A: What time did you hear the noise?
(你是什么時候聽到響聲的?)
B: Let’s see. Around eleven, I suppose.
(讓我想想。我想大約是在11點鐘的時候。)
203.Let me think.
[ ]
讓我想想。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: What is the phone number again?
(你剛才說的那個電話號碼是多少?)
B: Let me think.
(讓我想想。)
A: Do you have any books about American history?
(你有關于美國歷史的書籍嗎?)
B: Let me think.
(讓我想想。)
A: Do you know anyone who is looking for a job?
(你知道有誰在找工作的嗎?)
B: Let me think.
(讓我想想。)