167. What did you say?
[ ]
你說什么?
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you like Spicy food?
(你喜歡吃辛辣食物嗎?)
B: What did you say?
(你說什么?)
A: What does WTO stand for?
(WTO代表什么?)
B: What did you say?
(你說什么?)
A: What did you say?
(你說什么?)
B: I said it’s all your fault,you jerk!
(我說都是你的錯,笨蛋!)
【瘋狂替換】
①Can you say it again?(你能再說一遍嗎?)
②Say it again?(再說一遍好嗎?)
③Excuse me?(對不起,沒聽清楚。)
168. What do you mean?
[ ]
你什么意思?
Kim’s Note: Women always use this sentence to men! Men usually answer with: “Exactly what I said!”
女士們總是用這句子來問男士們!男士們通常回答說“正是我現在所說的意思!”
【瘋狂實戰】
A: It’s the kiss of death.
(那可是致命之吻。)
B: What do you mean?
(你是什么意思?)
【額外成就感】
Kiss of death=something that destroys
His endorsement will be the kiss of death.
(有他的支持反而壞事。)
A: It was the last straw.
(實在忍無可忍了。)
B: What do you mean?
(你什么意思?)
A: I’m going to sell the house.
(我準備把房子賣掉。)
B: What do you mean? You didn’t even ask me!
(你是什么意思?你甚至問都不問我!)
【瘋狂替換】
①What does that mean?(那是什么意思?)
②What’s that?(你什么意思?)
③What’s that supposed to mean?(那是什么意思?)
169.You mean…
[ ]
(你是說……)
【瘋狂實戰】
A: I’m having second thoughts.
(我要考慮再三。)
B: You mean you’re going to change your mind?
(你是說你要改變主意?)
A: I’ll take a rain check.
(改天吧。)
B: You mean you’re not coming with us?
(你是說你不和我們一起來?)
A: That’s the name of the game.
(那是事物的本質。)
B: You mean you don’t even care?
(你是說你甚至不在乎?)
【額外成就感】
I can’t help it. That’s the name of the game.
(事情本來就是這樣,我也沒辦法。)
170.What’s that?
[ ]
你說什么?
【瘋狂實戰】
A: My aunt is a doctor.
(我姨媽是個醫生。)
B: What’s that?
(你說什么?)
A: It runs in the family.
(他們那家子都這樣。)
B: What’s that? A bad temper?
(你說什么?壞脾氣嗎?)
A: You can pay by credit card.
(你可以用信用卡付錢。)
B: What’s that?
(什么?)
【瘋狂替換】
①What is it?(什么?)
②What do you mean?(你是什么意思?)
③What does that mean?(什么意思?)
171.What are you talking about?
[ ]
你在說什么?
【瘋狂講解】
這個口語要素可不能亂用,因為它并不像它表面意那么簡單。說這句話往往帶有不相信的意味。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: We have over one hundred new employees.
(我們有一百多位新員工。)
B: What are you talking about?(=It’s not true.)
(你在說什么?)
A: I had a girlfriend in America.
(我以前有一個女朋友在美國。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在說什么?)
A: If I don’t go, I’m going to be in trouble.
(如果不去,我就有麻煩了。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在說什么?)
【額外成就感】
What are you saying? (你在說什么?)
172.Are you talking about …?
[ ]
你是在說……嗎?
【瘋狂實戰】
A: I’ve never seen such a smart kid.
(我從未見過這么聰明的孩子。)
B: Are you talking about Mike?
(你是在說Mike嗎? )
A: I usually buy it every month.
(我通常每個月都買它。)
B: Are you talking about CAE Magazine?
(你是說《瘋狂美語》雜志嗎?)
A: We should tell her.
(我們應該告訴她。)
B: Are you talking about me?
(你是說我嗎?)
【瘋狂替換】
①Is it about…?(是關于……?)
②You mean…?(你是說……?)
173. Do you understand me?
[ ]
你懂我的意思嗎?
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思嗎?)
B: Yeah, sure.
(當然懂了。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思嗎?)
B: Uh, not really. Say it again?
(哦,不很懂。你再說一遍吧。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思嗎?)
B: I think so.
(我想我懂。)
【瘋狂替換】
①Do you understand what I mean?(你懂我的意思嗎?)
②Do you understand what I’m trying to say?(你懂我的意思嗎?)