71.You big jerk!
你這個混蛋!
Lisa’s Note: This term is always used to describe a man, not a woman.
這句話幾乎總是用在男人身上,而不會用在女人身上。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: You big jerk!
(你這個混蛋!)
B: What did I do?
(我做什么了?)
A: I’m sorry I have to cancel our date tonight. Something’s come up.
(抱歉我不得取消我們今晚的約會,有點事情要處理。)
B: You big jerk! Something always comes up at the last minute. I’m sick of it!
(你這個混蛋!你總是在緊要關頭有事情要處理,我真煩透了。)
A: I saw you in the park with another girl last night,you big jerk!
(你這個混蛋,我昨晚上在公園看到你和另一個女孩在一起!)
B: Wait a minute! That was my sister! Why are you always jumping to conclusions?
(搞清楚!那可是我妹妹!你怎么總是妄下結論啊?)
72.ass
屁股;傻瓜;蠢貨;討厭鬼
【瘋狂講解】
“ass”的本意是“屁股(butt)”的意思,由此引申出來的“傻瓜,蠢貨,討厭鬼(jerk)”在美國口語中被廣泛地運用。如果只知道“ass”的字面意思,而對其引申意一無所知,當美國人吹胡子瞪眼地沖著你說了句“Kiss my ass!”時,你望文生義地照著自己理解的字面意思去做,那你鬧的笑話可就大了!搞不好美國人還會告你對他進行“性騷擾(sexual harassment)呢!請大家務必要認真學習和體會以下對話中的“ass”的意思。
Kim’s Note: I really don’t know why expressions using the word “ass” are so popular in American English. I just know you hear them every day.
我真的不知道為什么美國英語中會有那么多帶有“ass”的說法。我只知道你每天都能聽到這些說法。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Damn! She has a big ass (=butt).
(見鬼,她的屁股真肥!)
B: Shut up! Yours is bigger.
(閉嘴,你的屁股更肥。)
A: Don’t be such an ass.
(別那么討人厭了!)
B: Who are you calling an ass?
(你說誰是討人厭?)
A: He’s such an ass (=jerk).
(他是個討厭鬼。)
B: I know. He’s the stupidest guy I know.
(我知道。他是我認識的人中最愚蠢的一個。)
A: Move your ass.=Move your butt.
(把你的屁股挪開/滾開。)
B: Don’t talk to me like that!
(不要這樣和我說話!)
A: Look at that hot girl / good looking girl.
(瞧那個性感/靚妞。)
B: Damn! She’s a fine piece of ass.
(見鬼,她真有味。)
A: Hey,dude, can you scratch my back?
(嘿,哥們,幫我撓撓背好嗎?)
B: Kiss my ass. Scratch it yourself.
(滾,你自己撓吧)
A: Don’t mess with him, he’s bad ass.
(不要跟他亂來,那家伙有兩下子。)
B: I’ ll be fine.
(沒事兒。)
A: Hey man, nice car.
(喂,伙計,你的車挺漂亮的嘛!)
B: Yeah, isn’t it bad ass?
(是啊,不錯吧?)
【瘋狂解說】
“bad ass” 在這里相當于really great, good, cool, awesome, impressive, really tough, really bad。
【特別奉獻】
學習英語目的不是為了考試,而是為了說,為了與人交流,考試只是順便的。在日常生活中,生氣罵人是常有的事,如Damn it / Shit / Shut up / Go to hell / You big jerk / Get lost!都是英美人士罵人時的常用語。為了方便記憶,我們已將它們融入了下面這一組對話中,請大家務必要反復模仿磁帶,直至脫口而出!
A: Damn it, I’m sick of you always taking me for granted.
B: Shit! I don’t want to hear this garbage! I mean it.
A: I don’t care. You never listen to me. You never tell me you love me…
B: Shut up! No wonder, you’re such a nagging bitch!
A: How dare you call me that? You big jerk! Go to hell!
B: Ha! Get lost, I don’t care what you say!
【參考譯文】
A:他媽的,你總是對我想當然,真煩人。
B:扯蛋!我不想聽這些垃圾!我說真的。
A:我不管。你從不聽我的,你從不對我說你愛我……
B:閉嘴!難怪你是那么一個嘮嘮叨叨的賤人!
A:你怎么可以這樣叫我?你這個混蛋!去死吧你!
B: 哈!滾開,你說什么我都不在乎!