Dear Friends,
親愛的朋友們:
It is a true pleasure to greet you on this World Tourism Day.
值此“世界旅游日”之際,我非常高興地向你們致意。
This is a chance to reflect on the importance of our sector.
這是反思旅游業重要性的機會。
Tourism is a pillar of our economies. It plays a central role in our societies and in our individual lives.
旅游業是我們經濟的支柱。它在我們的社會和個人生活中發揮著核心作用。
And it offers solutions to some of our biggest challenges – including the climate emergency and the urgent need to shift to more sustainable economies.
它為我們面臨的一些巨大挑戰提供了解決方案——包括氣候緊急狀況和向更可持續的經濟轉型的迫切需要。
The power of tourism is enormous. But it is not a force that can be taken for granted.
旅游業的力量是巨大的。但我們不能將其視為理所當然。
Instead, it must be supported, above all with investment.
相反,它必須得到支持,首先是投資。
This World Tourism Day we recognize the theme of Tourism and Green Investments.
今年世界旅游日的主題是“旅游與綠色投資”。
The theme could not be more timely.
這個主題再及時不過了。
July 2023 was the hottest year on record. And extreme weather events like heat waves could become the new normal.
2023年7月是有記錄以來最熱的一個月。熱浪等極端天氣事件可能成為新常態。
Tourism needs to adapt. For this, we need to rethink how our sector is financed.
旅游業需要做出調整。為此,我們需要重新思考旅游業的融資方式。
We need to make it easier for investors of all kinds to support tourism projects with the potential to make a difference.
我們需要為各類投資者提供更多便利,使他們能夠支持有可能帶來改變的旅游項目。
Looking further ahead, we need investments that can empower tourism to build a better and fairer future for all.
展望未來,我們需要投資,增強旅游業的實力,為所有人建設一個更美好、更公平的未來。
Once again, I wish you all a peaceful and inspiring World Tourism Day.
我再次祝愿大家度過一個祥和、鼓舞人心的“世界旅游日”。