Listening 3 Introducing the Third Party
第三聽 介紹朋友互相認識
Eleanor: Hi, Jenny. Thanks for coming! Come in!
愛莉諾:你好,珍妮,謝謝你來!快進來!
Jenny: Hi, Eleanor. Thank you for the invitation. Wow! I like your new flat! Very big and posh. Very nice place. Oh, before I forget, here's a bottle for you.
珍妮:你好,愛莉諾,謝謝你的邀請。哇!我喜歡你的新家,好大,好漂亮。真是個好地方。趁我還沒忘,這是送你的酒。
E: Thank you. Now, take off your jacket. Let me have it. What would you like to drink? Red wine, white wine, champagne or soft drink?
愛莉諾:謝謝。現在,把外套脫了吧,我幫你收好。你要喝點什么?紅酒、白酒、香檳,還是汽水?
J: Urm, I'll have diet coke as I'm driving.
珍妮:我要健怡可樂,因為我要開車。
E: Now, I'd like to introduce Simon to you. Simon, this is Jenny. Jenny, this is Simon. Simon, Jenny, Jennny, Simon.
愛莉諾:現在,讓我介紹賽門給你認識。賽門,這是珍妮;珍妮,這是賽門。賽門、珍妮;珍妮、賽門。
J: Hi, how do you do, Simon?
珍妮:你好,你好嗎,賽門?
Simon: Nice to meet you, Jenny.
賽門:很高興認識你,珍妮。
E: Jenny and I used to do aerobics together at the town hall and Simon is our new neighbour.
愛莉諾:珍妮和我以前在市民活動中心上有氧運動課,賽門是我們的新鄰居。
S: So, you don't do aerobics now, do you?
賽門:所以你們現在不做有氧運動了嗎?
J: Urm, well we love aerobics very much. But you know, until quite recently, Eleanor had been so busy flat hunting. We'll do it again sometime, though, I hope.
珍妮:我們很喜歡有氧運動,但是你知道,一直到最近為止,愛莉諾都在忙著找公寓。不過我希望不久我們會重新開始上課。
E: So, Simon, how long have you been living in Shrewsbury?
愛莉諾:賽門,你在舒茲伯利住多久了?
S: Me? How long? All my life in Shrewsbury and...
賽門:我?住多久?我一輩子都住在舒茲伯利……