Mr. Manners, I'm a Grade 9 student.
禮儀先生,我是九年級的學生。
My Australian pen pal is coming to Beijing next week.
我的澳大利亞筆友下周就要來北京了。
I invited him for dinner at my home, and he accepted. What should I do to make him feel welcome?
我邀請他來我家吃飯,他接受了。我應該怎樣做讓他覺得自己是受歡迎的?
How can I be a good host?
我應該怎樣做一名好主人?
Li Ming
李明
Dear Li Ming, A good host always tries to make guests feel welcome.
親愛的李明 一個好主人總是嘗試讓客人感覺自己是受歡迎的。
Here are some tips for you.
這里有一些小提示。
Tidy up your house before your guest arrives.
在客人抵達之前整理你的房子。
Open the door for your guest and hang up his coat.
為你的客人開門并幫他掛他的外套。
It will make him feel welcome.
這會讓他感覺自己是受歡迎的。
Offer your guest something to drink or eat like tea, fruit and snacks.
給你的客人提供一些飲料或者食物,像茶,水果和點心。
Don't ask your guest to go to the kitchen and serve himself!
不要要求客人去廚房或是讓他自己動手。
Serve your guest at the table.
為你的客人擺好餐桌。
Make him feel at home. Talk to your guest.
讓他覺得賓至如歸。和你的客人一起聊天。
That's why you invited him.
這就是你為什么邀請他。
Don't turn on the television. It's OK in China, but it's considered rude in Western cultures.
不要打開電視。在中國是可以的,但是在西方國家中這會被認為是粗魯的。
Mr. Manners
禮儀先生
Mr. Manners, I'm a student visiting Russia.
禮儀先生,我是一名來訪俄羅斯的學生。
I'm going to stay for three months.
我要待上三個月。
One of my classmates invited me to stay overnight at her house.
我的一名同學邀請我在她的房子里過夜。
It will be my first time visiting a Russian house.
這是我第一次拜訪俄羅斯家庭。
What should I do to be a polite guest?
我應該怎樣做才是一名有禮貌的客人呢?
Dong Fang
董芳
Dear Dong Fang, Here are some small suggestions for you.
親愛的董芳,這有些建議給你:
Bring a small gift, such as sweets or flowers.
帶一件小禮物,如糖果或鮮花。
Follow the rules of your host's home.
遵循主人家的規則,
Do what your host asks you to do.
做一些你的主人讓你做的事情。
Don't be noisy, especially at bedtime.
不要吵鬧,尤其是在就寢時間。
Offer to help prepare the dinner.
餐前準備時幫把手。
Write a thank-you note after your visit.
拜訪之后寫一封感謝卡。
Visiting a local family is a great way to experience another culture.
拜訪當地家庭是了解另一種文化一種不錯的方式。
Remember to be yourself and have fun.
記得充滿自信并且玩得開心。
Mr. Manners
禮儀先生