The Shadow
影子
A scholar who used to live in a cold region took a trip to a place of tropical weather.
過去生活在寒冷地區的一位學者,到熱帶地區旅游。
He stayed in the house all day because it was too hot to go out.
他整天呆在屋子里,因為外面太熱了,出不了門。
"Phew. It is so hot. I can't even go outside."At night, people came out from their houses to get fresh air.
"唷。熱死人了。我都不能去外面。"晚上,人們出來呼吸新鮮的空氣。
The scholar also went out of his house and looked around here and there.
學者也走出了他的家,環顧四周。
"There are a lot of people here. Now I feel better. But how come the house across the street is so quiet?"
"這里有好多人。現在我感覺好多了。但是,街對面的房子怎么這么安靜?"
"Music flows from the house, and such beautiful flowers are in the house.
"音樂從房子里傾瀉而下,房子周圍生長著美麗的花。
There must be a pretty woman living in that house.
這房子里一定住著一個漂亮的女人。"
"Then, one evening."That house is quiet again.
然后,一天晚上。"那房子又安靜了。
The only thing that moves in the house is my shadow." The scholar acted as if he was talking to his own shadow.
唯一能在房子里移動的東西就是我的影子。"這位學者的話就好像在跟他自己的影子說話。
Suddenly, his shadow on the house went into the inside the house.
突然,他在房子上的影子走進了房子里。
The scholar was shocked.
這位學者震驚了。
Then, the next day. "How can I lose my own shadow? People will laugh at me.
然后第二天"我怎么會失去自己的影子?人們會嘲笑我。
Phew. What am I going to do? I feel awful. What am I going to do now?"
唷。我該做些什么?我感覺很糟糕。我現在該做點什么?"
In a tropical region, everything grew really fast.
在熱帶地區,一切都很生長得很快。
Fortunately, the scholar's shadow grew a lot in a week.
幸運的是,這位學者的影子在一周內成長了很多。
Then, one evening. Someone visited the scholar.
然后,一天晚上,有人拜訪了學者。"
"Who is it? Please come in." A well-dressed gentleman came into his house.
是誰?請進。"一個衣著考究的紳士走進他的房子。
"Excuse me, but have we met before?" The gentleman answered.
"對不起,我們見過面嗎?"這位先生回答道。
"Don't you recognize me? Well, I guess you've never imagined that I would show up in front of you with this kind of look.
"你不認識我嗎?嗯,我想你從來沒有想到我會出現在你面前。
I have been enjoying my own life very much since I left you." "Then, you must be."
自從我離開你,我一直很享受我的生活。"!那你一定是我的影子。
"That's right! I am your shadow." "How amazing! How can this happen? And how are you doing?"
是的。我是你的影子。"!這怎么可能發生?你在做什么?"
"I will tell you everything. But promise me one thing before I tell my story.
"我會告訴你一切。但在我告訴你我的故事之前,答應我一件事。
Don't you ever tell anyone that I used to be your shadow."
你不能告訴任何人我曾經是你的影子。"
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!