'One woodcutter couple always complained that their unhappiness began because of Adam and Eve.
一個樵夫夫婦總是抱怨因為亞當和夏娃而帶給他們的不幸。
At that time, a King was riding a horse and heard them and said, "Come to my palace with me.
那時,一個國王騎著一匹馬,聽到他們的對話之后說:"來我的宮殿吧。
You can live as luxuriously as I can.
你可以向我一樣生活的很奢華。
You have seven kinds of wonderful dishes and deserts at every meal."
吃的是七種美味的菜肴而且每一餐后都有甜點。
"Never touch the plate covered with a lid in the middle of the table.
但是不要碰在放在桌子中間那個帶蓋子的盤子。
As soon as you touch the plate, your peaceful and luxurious life will be over."
只要你碰到,你的平靜和奢華的生活就要結束了。
The woodcutter couple lived luxuriously after that, but soon they became curious what was on the plate under the lid.
樵夫夫婦從此過著奢華的生活,但他們不久就開始好奇蓋子下面的盤子。
After a while, they uncovered the lid of the plate.
過了一會,他們打開了盤子上的蓋子。
"That's it. Now go back where you came from.
這就對了。現在回到你原來的地方。
Do not blame Adam and Eve any more.
不要再責備亞當和夏娃了。
You have the same amount of curiosity as they did, and besides you cannot appreciate God's grace and gifts."
"你有跟亞當和夏娃一樣的好奇心,而且你沒有資格享受上帝的恩典和禮物。"
Hans' parents were surprised by the story about the woodcutter couple, and they told Hans to read the same story every night.
漢斯的父母聽完樵夫夫婦的故事很是驚訝,他們告訴漢斯每天晚上把這個故事讀一遍。
One night, Hans read his parents a story about a man who does not know both sadness and dissatisfaction.
一天晚上,漢斯給父母讀了另一則故事,講述的是一個不知道悲傷和不滿意的男人的故事。
'A long time ago, a King became ill,
很久以前,一個國王病了,
and there was only one cure the underwear of a man who never knew both sadness and dissatisfaction.
只有一個從來不知道悲傷和不滿的人的內衣才可以救他。
His subjects visited every king and nobleman of the world searching for the cure, but they could not find it.'
他的臣民訪問過世界上所有的國王和貴族尋找治愈藥方,但他們沒有找到。
One day, a swineherd was sitting next to a ditch said, "I don't know anything about sadness and dissatisfaction.
有一天,一個豬倌坐在旁邊的一個水溝說,"我不知道什么是悲傷和不滿。
I have always have been living my life happily."
我一直過著幸福的生活。"
"Give me your underwear. We will give you half of our kingdom in exchange for that."
"我們將用一半的王國換取你的內衣。"
Even though the subjects tried to persuade him, the swineherd did not have underwear to give to the subject of the King.
盡管大臣努力說服他,但是豬倌沒有內衣可以送給國王。
Hans' parents laughed loudly as if they had not laughed for a long time.
漢斯的父母笑得很大聲,好像他們很久沒有笑過似的。
"What are you so happy about? It's been a long time since I saw you smiling."
你怎么這么開心?我很久都沒有看到你笑了。
"Hans read a story about a man who does not know about sadness and dissatisfaction.
漢斯讀了一則故事,講述的是一個不知道悲傷和不滿意的男人的故事。
He is too poor to have any underwear.
他太窮了,連內衣都沒有。
Try to imagine him! Everyone has his own burden to carry by himself.
通過這個小故事試想一下!每個人都有他自己的負擔。
But if you listen to other people's stories, you will feel your burden of life is much lighter than before."
但是,如果你聽別人的故事,你會覺得你的生活負擔比以前要輕得多。