61.有失身份beneath one’s dignity
如果你也那樣做,那可就有失身份了
I would be beneath your dignity if you’d follow suit and do the same.
62.錯過他人 bark up the wrong tree
也可能是我錯怪了她,不過她確實經(jīng)常和一個男人出去。
I may have been barking up the wrong tree, but she does go our a lot with a man.
63.躍躍欲試be itching for a chance to do…
你為什么不給他一次機會呢?他正躍躍欲試,想向你 證實一下他的能力。。
Why don’t you give him a chance? He’s itching for a chance for show you his abilities.
64.胸懷大志 hitch one’s wagon to a star
胸懷大志是件很好的事情,但是光有大志是不夠的。
It’s great to hitch your wagon to a star, but that alone is not enough.
65.留一條退路 hedge one’s bets
他沒有把全部打算都告訴對方,為的是給自己留一條退路。
In order to hedge his bets he didn’t tell the other party all of his plan.
66.不公平的待遇 a raw deal
我真搞不懂她遭遇不公平待遇卻不敢吭聲
I can’t understand why she got a raw deal and could not be up in arms.