1.敷衍搪塞 give someone the runaround
別拿話兒搪塞我們,我們只是想知道你到底是同意還是不同意。
Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.
2.哭窮 to poor-mouth
別跟我哭窮了,我還不知道你的底細?
Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.
3.白吃白喝 a freeloader
我可不愿白吃白喝別人。我不是那種愛占便宜的人。
I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.
4.牽線搭橋 pull the strings
聽說你公司有個空位,我很想去試一試。但你能先為我牽線搭橋么?
I hear there’s an opening in your company and I would like to fill it. But will you pull some strings for me?
5.甩掉 palm of f
他讓你趕緊把手中的次品都甩掉。
He urged you palm off all the shoddy goods immediately.
6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone
張名得罪了他的上司,幾個月后就被開除了。
Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.
7.說別人的閑話dish the dirt about…
她特別喜歡說別人的閑話,是我們這出了名的長舌婦。
She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.
8.掛個電話 give a buzz
在來之前請先給我掛個電話,以免讓你撲空。
Give me a buzz before coming so that you won’t come to a locked door.
9.寫封信 drop me a line
有空了給我寫封信
Drop me a line when you have time.
10.榨干血汗 bleed one white
他們是在設法榨干你身上所有的錢。
They are trying to bleed you white.
11.結伙對付某人 gang up on somebody
一些較大的貿易公司糾結在一起來對付我們,打算把我們從該行業中排擠出去。
Some fairly large trading companies ganged up on us, trying t force us out of that business.
12.無言以對 not find one’s tongue
起初他還挺硬,可是當警察出示經他篡改的文件并問他是怎么一回事的時候,他卻無言以對了。
He was arrogant at the beginning, but the moment when the police showed the documents he had doctored and asked him what the matter was, he could not find his tongue.