Man: Good morning. Marketing Department. Peter Menzies speaking.
早上好。我是市場部的彼得·曼茲。
Woman: Hello. Could I speak to John Fitzgerald, please?
你好。請問約翰·菲茨杰拉德在嗎?
Man: I'm afraid he's not in the office at the moment.
恐怕他現在不在辦公室。
Woman: Well, this is Elizabeth Parnell calling. I wanted to talk to John about the meeting next week.
我是伊麗莎白·帕內爾。我想和約翰談談下周開會的事。
You see, I only get back on Tuesday night from a trade fair in the States.
你知道,我要到星期二晚上才能從美國的一個商品交易會回來。
Man: So, would you like me to give him a message?
那你想讓我給他傳一下話嗎?
Woman: Yes, could you ask him if we can postpone Wednesday's meeting?
好的,你能問他我們能否推遲星期三的會議嗎?
Till after lunch. That would be easier. It was originally going to be at ten a.m.
推遲到午飯之后就行。那就容易多了。原本的會議時間是上午十點。
Man: OK. I'll ask him to change it. I'll get back to you with a time.
好的。我會讓他改一下時間。我過一會兒再打給你。
Woman: Thanks. And could you also ask him to add another item for discussion at the meeting?
謝謝。你能不能請他再加一個會議議題?
I thought we were going to talk about the revised budgets - but I can't see this on the agenda.
我原以為我們要討論修改后的預算問題,但我沒有在議程上看到這一項。
Man: OK. I'd better ask him to call you...
好的,我最好讓他給你打個電話...
Woman: Yes, please. I'm at Head Office at the moment. Can he phone me here today - I won't be back at my own desk until tomorrow afternoon.
好的,謝謝。我現在在總部辦公室。他今天能把電話打到這里嗎?我要到明天下午才能回到自己的辦公室。
Man: Right, I'll give him the message.
好的。我會告訴他的。
Woman: Thanks.
謝謝。
Man: Bye.
再見。
Woman: Goodbye.
再見。