Woman: What recommendations did you make in your report?
你在報告中提的什么建議?
Man: My main one is that the government should support training by letting companies claim tax relief.
我的主要觀點是,政府應該通過讓企業申請減稅來支持培訓。
Many companies already get this for certain types of training,
很多公司已經通過特定的培訓減了稅,
but the proposal would particularly help unskilled workers aiming at intermediate qualifications.
但該提議尤其幫助了那些中級非技術工人。
The government should also work with the sector skills council to improve training and working conditions in those industries where it's necessary.
政府還應與行業技能委員會合作,在必要時改善行業培訓和工作環境。
Woman: Do you think the government will act on your proposals?
你認為政府會實施你的建議嗎?
Man: Well, I want to reintroduce the idea of people getting grants,
我想重申一下人們獲得資助的想法,
so that they can choose training for themselves,
這樣他們就可以自己選擇培訓,
but there were problems with this a few years ago,
但是幾年前出現幾個問題
so the political will probably isn't there to try it again.
因此,政府可能不愿意再次嘗試。
I'm confident we'll see a review of all the vocational qualifications, though,
我相信政府會就職業資格進行審查,
which would remove some of the inconsistencies that are there now.
這將消除目前存在的一些矛盾。
And to be honest,
坦白說
my idea for all workers to spend a minimum time on training is unlikely to be introduced just yet.
關于所有工人花最少的時間培訓的想法現在還不太可能推出。
Woman: Ricky Bland, thank you.
瑞奇·布蘭德,謝謝。
Man: Thank you.
謝謝。