“The midden heap you call King’s Landing?”
“看什么?看這個名叫君臨的糞堆?”
“That’s the very one.”
“不錯?!?/p>
“Not only do I see it, I believe I smell it now.”
“哼,我不僅看到了,還聞得出來。”
“Then take a good sniff, my lord.
“您應該好好聞聞,親王殿下,
Fill up your nose.
仔細地聞。
Half a million people stink more than three hundred, you’ll find.
五十萬人發出的臭氣當然比三百人身上的強,這您總該知道。
Do you smell the gold cloaks?
聞到金袍子的味道了嗎?
There are near five thousand of them.
他們約有五千。
My father’s own sworn swords must account for another twenty thousand.
我父親大人自己的部隊則將近兩萬。
And then there are the roses.
您可別忘了,城內實力最強的是玫瑰。
Roses smell so sweet, don’t they?
玫瑰聞起來很香甜,對不對?
Especially when there are so many of them.
尤其是這么多合在一起,確實不一般。
Fifty, sixty, seventy thousand roses, in the city or camped outside it,
五萬、六萬,甚至多達七萬枝玫瑰,插在城市內,或城郊的曠野上,
I can’t really say how many are left, but there’s more than I care to count, anyway.”
其中有一些正在外面打仗,但留下來的,也數不勝數?!?/p>
Martell gave a shrug.
馬泰爾不屑一顧地聳聳肩。
“In Dorne of old before we married Daeron, it was said that all flowers bow before the sun.
“在古多恩——我們還沒和戴倫結親之前——有句俗話叫‘繁花需為艷陽折腰’。
Should the roses seek to hinder me I’ll gladly trample them underfoot.”
倘若這些玫瑰竟來煩惱我,我很樂意把它們統統踩碎?!?/p>
“As you trampled Willas Tyrell?”
“正如您踩碎維拉斯·提利爾?”
The Dornishman did not react as expected.
多恩人的反應沒有預想中的激烈。
“I had a letter from Willas not half a year past.
“快半年前,我剛收到維拉斯的信,
We share an interest in fine horseflesh.
我們對烹調馬肉有著共同的愛好。
He has never borne me any ill will for what happened in the lists.
關于比武會上的意外,他從未責怪我。
I struck his breastplate clean, but his foot caught in a stirrup as he fell and his horse came down on top of him.
事實上,我正中他胸甲,但他的腳不幸被纏在馬鐙里,結果摔下去,反被坐騎壓住。
I sent a maester to him afterward, but it was all he could do to save the boy’s leg.
我派出自己的學士為他醫治,但學士只能保住大腿,
The knee was far past mending.
膝蓋已全碎了。
If any were to blame, it was his fool of a father.
真要怪的話,得怪他的蠢老爸。
Willas Tyrell was green as his surcoat and had no business riding in such company.
當年的維拉斯·提利爾嫩得跟青草似的,怎能要他參加如此激烈的比武?
The Fat Flower thrust him into tourneys at too tender an age, just as he did with the other two.
那死胖子以為他和他兩個弟弟一樣,生來就該在比武會中建立功勛,
He wanted another Leo Longthorn, and made himself a cripple.”
他想得到一個‘長槍’里奧,卻讓自己的長子成了殘廢?!?/p>
“There are those who say Ser Loras is better than Leo Longthorn ever was,” said Tyrion.
“都說洛拉斯爵士比‘長槍’里奧更強。”提利昂道。
“Renly’s little rose?
“那朵藍禮的小玫瑰?
I doubt that.”
我才不信。”
“Doubt it all you wish,” said Tyrion,
“信不信隨你,”提利昂說,
“but Ser Loras has defeated many good knights, including my brother Jaime.”
“但洛拉斯爵士的確打敗過許多武藝高強的騎士,其中甚至包括我哥哥詹姆。”
“By defeated, you mean unhorsed, in tourney.
“什么叫打???頂多在長槍比武中擊落下馬罷。
Tell me who he’s slain in battle if you mean to frighten me.”
想拿他來嚇唬我,那就說說,他殺過什么人呢?”
“Ser Robar Royce and Ser Emmon Cuy, for two.
“比如,羅拔·羅伊斯爵士和埃蒙·庫伊爵士。
And men say he performed prodigious feats of valor on the Blackwater, fighting beside Lord Renly’s ghost.”
還有,人人都見他在黑水河一役中跟隨藍禮的鬼魂,英勇奮戰。”
“So these same men who saw the prodigious feats saw the ghost as well, yes?”
“人人?就這些看見鬼魂的人?”
The Dornishman laughed lightly.
多恩人輕笑。
Tyrion gave him a long look.
提利昂長久地注視著對方,
“Chataya’s on the Street of Silk has several girls who might suit your needs.
“絲綢街上莎塔雅開的妓院不錯,
Dancy has hair the color of honey.
丹晰有蜂蜜色的紅發,
Marie’s is pale white-gold.
瑪麗有長直的金發,
I would advise you to keep one or the other by your side at all times, my lord.”
她倆都是一等一的人才,不過我奉勸您,親王殿下,您可一定不能讓她們離開您身邊。”
“At all times?”
“不能離開?”
Prince Oberyn lifted a thin black eyebrow.
奧柏倫親王抬起一邊細細的黑眉毛,
“And why is that, my good Imp?”
“親愛的小惡魔大人,這又是為何?”
“You want to die with a breast in hand, you said.”
“您剛才不是說,您夢想乳房在口,醉死溫柔鄉么?”
Tyrion cantered on ahead to where the ferry barges waited on the south bank of the Blackwater.
語畢提利昂踢馬朝黑水河南岸等待的渡船奔去,
He had suffered all he meant to suffer of what passed for Dornish wit.
他受夠了多恩人的狡黠。
Father should have sent Joffrey after all.
父親真該把小喬支來,
He could have asked Prince Oberyn if he knew how a Dornishman differed from a cowflop.
讓他當著紅毒蛇的面詢問多恩人和蠻牛的區別。
That made him grin despite himself.
想到這里,他不由自主地發笑。
He would have to make a point of being on hand when the Red Viper was presented to the king.
看來,引紅毒蛇面見國王之前,得好好組織語言。